Staybridge Suites Las Vegas  » Travel  »
5735 Dean Martin Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89118
  • I think the bathroom was my favorite part of the whole suite
  • We enjoyed the large bathroom because my husband and I could both get ready at the same time
  • Another issue I had was that the shower never seemed to get hot enough for me
  • I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Vegas as long as you don't mind being slightly away from the action

• by mariekay

We have been to Las Vegas several times, and we usually try a different hotel each time. We usually stay right on the strip, and because of that you can expect to pay more for a hotel room. So, this time we decided to try a hotel that was just off the strip, Staybridge Suites Las Vegas. It has now become one of our new favorites.

The hotel isn’t directly on the strip, but you can see the strip from the hotel, without having to deal with all the noise, lights, action, etc all night long. It’s located about 2 blocks from Mandalay Bay, so we were within walking distance from all the big hotels and casinos and other attractions. There was also a free shuttle bus to get us back and forth which we used at night after dark.

We got a suite that had a large kitchen, dining room, large corner sofa that converted into a bed for sleeping, two flat screen TV’s, one on the bedroom and one in the living room, and everything was beautifully decorated.

This

hotel suite was a real treat for us. I think the bathroom was my favorite part of the whole suite! The bathroom had double sinks, a tub, and a separate room with a walk in shower, sink and toilet. We enjoyed the large bathroom because my husband and I could both get ready at the same time. The shower room is separate from the rest of the bathroom, so if I was brushing my teeth or putting on make up, and he was in the shower, he still had his own space. It was almost like having 2 bathrooms, and the whole space was huge. It gave me plenty of room to spread out my beauty products and clothes, etc. They also had fresh clean towels for u search day. So that was one feature that we really liked.

I also liked how the bed was really comfortable. The pillows were fluffy and all the linens were soft and smelled fresh. The sofa that turned into a bed wasn’t exactly comfortable, I tried sleeping on that one night ...

• when my husband was snoring. I wouldn’t say it was awful, but not nearly as comfortable as the bed. Then again, usually those sofa sleepers are not expected to be all that comfortable so I can’t count that as a negative.

Another thing I loved was how clean everything was. The entire suite was spotless form the kitchen to the bathroom, everything was clean and smelled fresh. This is always important to me when staying at a hotel. We also got to enjoy the pool, and that was spotless too. The pool was also never too busy, and a couple times we had it all to ourselves because there was no one else in there. They also have a hot tub near the pool, but I didn’t try that out.

We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, juice and more. They also have cocktail hour at night, although we never made it to that. The staff is very friendly, helpful, and accommodating.

There was only two negative things I can think of regarding this hotel, one is this

hotel was that it it located very close to the runway, so you hear the airplanes taking off every few minutes. I was able to tune that out, but I can see how it might bother some people.

Another issue I had was that the shower never seemed to get hot enough for me. Granted, I do like to take very hot showers. Also, the shower head was too low for me, I had to duck to get my hair wet. But I have found this to be the case in every Vegas hotel I’ve ever stayed at. For me, these were just a minor issues since the positives of the hotel far outweighed the negatives.

For the price, I feel we got a really good value with this hotel. To pay under $200 for such a large and gorgeous suite is rare in Vegas, although we were off the strip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Vegas as long as you don’t mind being slightly away from the action. Overall a great place to stay!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38102975950628/k2311a021/2.1.10