LISTERINE Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips, Clean Mint
  • On a recent trip to the store, I noticed a product that caught my eye
  • I decided to stick with the strips just to see if they would work
  • I had the same experience with other white strips I had used in the past, so I just quit using them for a few days and that seemed to help
  • Overall, I would recommend them because they do whiten my teeth
  • The gross taste is worth the great results in my opinion

• by mariekay

I have used several different teeth whitening products over the years. From toothpastes, to mouth washes, to strips, I am always looking to try new products to get whiter teeth. I used to use Crest Whitening Strips, and they gave me good results. But the price seemed to keep going up and up so I stopped using them for a while.

On a recent trip to the store, I noticed a product that caught my eye: Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips, Clean Mint. They were on sale for under $20 for 56 strips, which is considerably less expensive than the Crest brand. I began reading the package and saw that these strips would dissolve in 5-10 minutes instead of having to leave them on for 30 minutes. That sounded good to me, so I purchased them and tried one as soon as I

got home.

The strips look similar to other strips I have used in the past. The directions for how to apply them were also similar to their strips - apply one strip to the top teeth, and one to the bottom teeth. Press into place and fold excess over behind teeth. So I did that and waited. I soon began to taste the strips, and it wasn’t a pleasant taste either…certainly not clean mint as the name suggests. They had a strong peroxide taste to them that soon filled my whole mouth. It was tempting to spit them out and wipe the residue off my teeth, but I kept them on, waiting for them to dissolve. I noticed that they took longer than the 5-10 minutes stated on the package, but eventually they did dissolve.

So, I took a look at my teeth ...

• and notices a gummy reside on and between my teeth. So, I got out the dental floss, and also brushed them with toothpaste. I’m not sure if I was supposed to brush right after I applied the strips, but I couldn’t tolerate the residue left behind.

I decided to stick with the strips just to see if they would work. After a few days of using them, I noticed that my teeth and gums became sensitive to the product. I had the same experience with other white strips I had used in the past, so I just quit using them for a few days and that seemed to help. I also had a really hard time with the taste. I just about gagged a couple times while using them, they are that bad.

As far as whitening, I would say that the strips do

a nice job of whitening my teeth. Especially considering the price, which is about half of some other strips. People would comment on how white my teeth were after I used these strips. So, these do work, but you have to decide whether your bothered by the fact that they taste terrible and they leave a gross film on you teeth after use.

The nice thing is that you don’t have to deal with removing the strips once they are done, because they dissolve on their own. I would say it takes 15 minutes or more for them to completely dissolve, and I always floss and brush afterward to remove the residue left behind.

Overall, I would recommend them because they do whiten my teeth. I would buy them again if they were on sale. The gross taste is worth the great results in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34102975920528/k2311a021/2.1.10