Options Belgian Choc Instant Hot Chocolate Drink
  • This one I am reviewing - the 'Belgian Choc' - I think is the nicest one because it tastes more properly more like milk chocolate
  • Now I realise I am not so keen on Options drinks anymore, although I liked them years ago when I was dieting all the time, I will tend to buy other brands but this Belgian Choc variety is definitely the nicest flavour and I would buy this particular one again
  • I notice that the Belgian Choc is just as low in calories as the others but it does taste a lot better
  • This is not my favourite brand of instant hot chocolate drink though

• by jeanne71

I used to like these instant Options drinks but I went mad buying sachets of this the last time I went to the supermarket and I am not so enamoured by them. They are only 37 calories per drink so maybe for a very low calorie hot chocolate drink, they are not too bad, but I would prefer the extra calories.

This one I am reviewing - the ‘Belgian Choc’ - I think is the nicest one because it tastes more properly more like milk chocolate.

It was slightly more frothy than the usual Options drinks and it was smoother and had a slightly more creamy taste.

The other Options flavours have an intense taste but it is not so ...

• milky or smooth.

You just empty the sachet into a mug and add boiling water, so these are easy enough to prepare and handy so you can take a couple to work as a midday treat, which is what I do.

dieting all the time, I will tend to buy other brands but this Belgian Choc variety is definitely the nicest flavour and I would buy this particular one again.

I notice that the Belgian Choc is just as low in calories as the others but it does taste a lot better.

This is not my favourite brand of instant hot chocolate drink though.

Robert says :

re : This is not my favourite brand of instant hot chocolate drink though
    We just bought a 200g of the Belgian chocolate and we both were nearly sick on tasting our first cup. wow so sweet all the taste was sugar and any chocolate flavour was pushed into the background.

We were given to understand that the food industry had undertaken the gov. Recommendations on cutting sugar in order to improve the health of the population and to reduce obesity, one of the biggest financial burdens on th NHS.

On inspection of the nutritional info we observed that each 100g contains 49g of sugar. Therefore the jars contains 49% sugar half the contents And they also add "sweetener"

A very unhealthy product

Jay says :

Purchased a jar of options yesterday so disgustingly sweet it s now in the bin
    Having been trying to retrain my taste buds to like less sugar as advised was surprised to find this tasted like I had emptied the sugar bowl in my mug
    Will not be purchasing again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27102975600528/k2311a021/2.1.10