Wal-Mart Bag of Tilapia Fillets  » Food  »
  • The thing I like about the bag of Tilapia fillets is that at least five or six of prepackaged fillets come in the bag
  • I love the tenderness of the Tilapia fillet, the flakiness of the meat, and how savory it is
  • The fillets are fresh, easy to prepare, and they taste amazing

• by C.Channing

Since my eagerness to learn how to cook like a professional kicked in, I’ve been trying various types of fish. I’m not to the point where I can break one down myself, and I’m not sure I can at this point in time without passing out on the kitchen floor. However, super Wal-Mart has a lot of fish fillets that sealed and packaged in bags. My main purpose of buying the Wal-Mart bag of Tilapia fillets was to become familiar with what Tilapia looks like and tastes like.

As I was trying to gather information from the Tilapia fillet bag to give to

those who might be interested in buying it, I couldn’t find the brand name and so I’ll have to describe the bag. The bag is about the size of a hash brown bag you would find in the breakfast section/frozen food section. It has a black and white background, with Tilapia fillets written in white lettering. There is a picture of a cooked Tilapia on a plate with some type of green garnish on the side.

The thing I like about the bag of Tilapia fillets is that at least five or six of prepackaged fillets come in the bag; they are ...

• broken down and deboned; and they are always fresh–they smell like the ocean every time. Although, I have found a couple of bones in some of my recent fillets, I caught them in time before I consumed them.

As far as preparation is concerned, when the Tilapia has thawed, it is very delicate: If you don’t hold it firmly in the center or with both hands, it will fall over and break in half. I haven’t really found in recipes I could use on the Tilapia, but I have become good at frying them. If you can find good seasonings for frying, the

Tilapia comes out great. I love the tenderness of the Tilapia fillet, the flakiness of the meat, and how savory it is. When every I fry it, the moisture is still present in the fish. Even though the outside is brown and crispy, the inside is white and delicate. I can literally see how flaky the fish is.

Overall, the Wal-Mart bag of Tilapia fillets is a great buy for those who are unsure about buying a whole Tilapia at the local fish market. The fillets are fresh, easy to prepare, and they taste amazing. They are probably the only Tilapia fillets I would purchase.

Tarek says :

I am wondering which kind of films are you using to package the Tilapia fillets product

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27102974930428/k2311a021/2.1.10