IKEA chest  » Furniture  »
1.5
  • It had eight small drawers, which seemed perfect for storing toiletries, and exactly the right dimensions for the space available in my bathroom

• by Susan Zannos
      Aout a year ago I went to the IKEA store in the San Francisco Bay area–my first and last trip to IKEA–because I needed a chest for storage in my bathroom. I found one that was attractive.

available in my bathroom.

So I got it and took the box home and spent several hours assembling it.

So I finally got it together and felt quite proud of myself and ready for a career in a Scandinavian furniture factory if need be.

The chest looked good.

For a while.

Then gradually ...

• there started to be small gaps at the sides of the drawers on one side.

Slowly the gaps got bigger.

It seems, according to a friend who is a carpenter, that the cheap particle board used in this furniture warps very easily–and of course in a bathroom there’s lots of steam.

So in about six

months the chest was good for nothing but a trip to the dump–and one of the legs broke off while we were putting it in the truck.

I won’t be going back to IKEA.

Some of their stuff looks good, but is hardly worth the money and the effort of assembly if it only lasts a couple of months.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 57121097491031/k2311a1012/10.12.06