Taco Bell Grilled Steak Soft Taco  » Food  »
  • The best memory from my former employment at Taco Bell was eating the grilled steak soft tacos
  • Before I left Taco Bell, I decided to gamble with my stomach and try the grilled steak soft taco
  • I thought hard about swapping out the avocado/ranch dressing, but I figured I had to try the entire thing
  • I don't eat avocado anything and I prefer to eat ranch dressing solely on my salads
  • However, I found the grilled steak taco to be okay

• by C.Channing

The best memory from my former employment at Taco Bell was eating the grilled steak soft tacos. Before working there, I had been the safe Taco Bell eater: Soft taco supremes and that’s it. Before I left Taco Bell, I decided to gamble with my stomach and try the grilled steak soft taco.

Luckily for me, I was an employee at the time and was able to fix my food the way I wanted to. I followed the guidelines on how to make a

proper grilled steak taco because if I didn’t, I knew I would have headed down the path of another soft taco supreme. I thought hard about swapping out the avocado/ranch dressing, but I figured I had to try the entire thing.

The first bite was a scary one because I didn’t know what to expect: I don’t eat avocado anything and I prefer to eat ranch dressing solely on my salads. However, I found the grilled steak taco to be okay. The steak actually tasted ...

• like steak: It had a nice texture of a well done steak. The vegetables were that much needed balance between the steak and the avocado/ranch sauce. I didn’t really taste the avocado, and for me, avocado doesn’t really have a taste–more bland than anything. It was the ranch sauce that I was tasting and the avocado did give it a nice light green color; however, I wasn’t too fond of the ranch dressing on the taco. I ended up eating the first one I
        made and then making another one with sour cream on it instead–much better.

Overall, the grilled steak soft taco was pretty good; however, I didn’t like the avocado/ranch sauce. To me, ranch dressing has a strong flavor and luckily the steak and vegetables were able to balance out the strong flavor. I liked that the steak was real steak and not a bunch of random meats thrown together and called steak. It was better than I expected, but I prefer sour cream instead of the avocado/ranch sauce.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27102974720328/k2311a021/2.1.10