Lean Pocket Ham and Cheese  » Food  »
0.5
  • Because of my previous experience with the Lean Pocket Philly cheese steak, I wanted to expand my lunch menu to another pastry sandwich
  • I've had the Hot pocket ham and cheese and they are the best, so I thought the Lean Pocket ham and cheese was worth giving a try
  • The crust was soft just as I like it, but there was one big difference
  • Overall, I would not recommend the Lean Pocket ham and cheese to anyone

• by C.Channing

Because of my previous experience with the Lean Pocket Philly cheese steak, I wanted to expand my lunch menu to another pastry sandwich: The Lean Pocket ham and cheese. I’ve had the Hot pocket ham and cheese and they are the best, so I thought the Lean Pocket ham and cheese was worth giving a try.

The Lean Pocket ham and cheese was different from the Hot Pocket ham and cheese pastry sandwich: The pastry was made of grain. Other than the pastry being made from grain, the rest of the Lean Pocket was

the exact same: Two per box, plastic wrapping, and a box to make the crust crispy. I heated the one ham and cheese sandwich for two minutes as instructed. It was steamy and hot just as I suspected it would be. The crust was soft just as I like it, but there was one big difference: It didn’t taste good.

I was surprised at how bad the Lean Pocket Ham and cheese tasted because I had just become a fan of their Philly cheese steak sandwich, and was just shocked they could make something ...

• good one minute and turn around and make something so disgusting. The ham itself tasted like a chalkboard; it left a pasty taste in the roof of my mouth and in the back of my throat. The cheese was no better; it was as if I was eating pure dirt. The taste of the ham and cheese completely turned me off, and I couldn’t even tell you whether or not the pastry itself was good or not because it was submerged in the ham and cheese. There was nothing good about the Lean
        Pocket ham and cheese.

Overall, I would not recommend the Lean Pocket ham and cheese to anyone; I would advise you to go to a fast food restaurant before a make a recommendation for this product. The taste was just so bad: It tasted like paste and dirt, and that flavor (if I can call it that) lingered in my mouth after the fact. I was glad that I only purchased one box because I probably would have been upset if I purchased more. There was nothing good about the Lean Pocket ham and cheese.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27102974670328/k2311a021/2.1.10