Digiorno Pepperoni Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza
  • In order to give myself a day off from the task of cooking, I decided to start a free day once a week
  • Free day is where I don't bother with cooking, instead I will purchase fast food or something convenient from the frozen food aisle
  • I found the Digiorno pizza I wanted in the frozen foods section, but I noticed right next to it was a stuffed crust pizza
  • When I took it out the bag to prepare, I noticed there were two directions for preparation
  • The best part, however, was the stuffed crust

• by C.Channing

As a beginner cook (such as myself), preparing meals seven days a week can be a complex task even when I have all of the ingredients for a particular recipe. In order to give myself a day off from the task of cooking, I decided to start a “free day” once a week. “Free day” is where I don’t bother with cooking, instead I will purchase fast food or something convenient from the frozen food aisle: simple, fast, and easy. I remember wanting pizza, but I didn’t want to order one; therefore, I decided to go off a commercial I had saw for Digiorno pizza. At the time, I didn’t know anyone who had purchased the pizza, so I was taking a chance with my stomach; however, I remember their slogan: It’s better than delivery… If they compared themselves to delivery pizza, it must be good.

I headed out to super Wal-Mart in hopes of finding a Digiorno pepperoni pizza because

I’m a picky eater when it comes to pizza toppings. I found the Digiorno pizza I wanted in the frozen foods section, but I noticed right next to it was a stuffed crust pizza. As far as I’m concerned, nothing is better than a stuffed crust pizza. It was five dollars and fifty cent, but I didn’t really care too much about the price because the pizza appeared to be quite large as opposed to other frozen pizzas I’ve eaten.

When I took it out the bag to prepare, I noticed there were two directions for preparation: One was for a crispy crust and the other was for a soft crust. I’m not really a crispy person when it comes to pizza, so I decided to cook the pizza for the twenty-two to twenty-five for the soft crust. I didn’t have to fight with the wrapping the pizza came in because on one end was an easy opening for me to ...

• pull back the plastic. The was a still a pretty decent size outside of the box: It reminded me of a small pizza you could order from Pizza Hut or some place. I placed the pizza in the oven and let it cook for twenty-five minutes exactly.

When I took out the pizza, it made the entire kitchen smell like a pizza shop. The shredded mozzarella cheese had melted into a gooey white blanket; the pepperoni were glistening–possibly from oils during the cooking process-and imbedded into the blanket of cheese; the edges had brown, yet had a soft texture. I had the ability to cut the pizza into eight slices, but I opted for four; cutting the pizza into eight slices would have meant a smaller slice–four was perfect. When I bit into the pizza, I could see the cheese stringing away from my mouth as I pulled the pizza away. The crust was a soft as freshly made bread in

a bakery; there was enough tomato sauce to add cohesion, but not enough to spill over after one bite. The pepperoni comfortably rested in the cheese making for one great bite after another. The best part, however, was the stuffed crust. The cheese just oozed out with every bite I took and I couldn’t get enough. It was so good–almost better than ordering up a stuffed crust pizza.

Overall, I liked the great quality taste I got from the pizza: It wasn’t just an average tasting frozen pizza like most are. I liked how easy it was to take out of the packaging, and the cooking process didn’t take all that long. I purchased the Digiorno pepperoni stuffed crust pizza because it was convenient for my day off from cooking and it promised to be as good as delivery pizza: It was great and benefited me on both accounts. I had never had a frozen pizza that was just as great as delivery pizza.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27102974650328/k2311a021/2.1.10