Verona Tavern
12 N Verona Rd, Bad Axe, MI 48413
  • The kitchen is in view from the dining area, I like this, I can see how clean it is, and what the cook is doing with my food
  • There are video games here if you like them, a pool table too, but what I enjoy most is Keno, from the Michigan Lottery
  • I recommend a stop here when you visit Michigan’s thumb

• by wayneok

If you are visiting Michigan’s upper thumb and looking for a pleasant dining event, this might just be the answer. Located about six miles east of Bad Axe, the Verona Tavern serves a variety of food, as well as beer, cocktails and wine.

At first look, it seems like a small country bar, true it is that, but it’s much more. The first thing that caught my eye inside was the cleanliness; I don’t like to eat at

places that are filthy. The kitchen is in view from the dining area, I like this, I can see how clean it is, and what the cook is doing with my food. The kitchen was to be admired for cleanliness, and the cook was in clean clothes, hair net, ect.

The tavern itself is small, maybe seats thirty people, there are two big screen TVs, I like this as I could watch the NFL playoffs as we dined. The ...

• service was great, waitresses, very polite and treated us as if we were long lost friends. There are video games here if you like them, a pool table too, but what I enjoy most is Keno, from the Michigan Lottery. I like to play a few numbers while I relax and sometimes I win enough to eat for free. Sometimes.

The food, which is why I came here, is outstanding. Big juicy burgers, fish, steaks and more. You can

have a steak dinner with homemade fries for about twelve bucks. My favorite is the Pork Chop dinner, two big chops, cooked right, homemade fries and homemade bread. More than I can eat, they are not stingy with the food. All these items are very reasonable priced to.

I have visited here numerous times, and never have had a bad meal. The service was always great, servers always friendly. A win-win situation. I recommend a stop here when you visit Michigan’s thumb.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73101974640131/k2311a0131/1.31.10