Hartz Bad choice for Cats
  • I decided to try a flea collar so I could save myself a trip to the vet
  • The pesticide used in these collars is a widely used, generic chemical for flea treatment, but unfortunately, it doesn't work well with cats

• by Lori
      Although some not have issues using the Hartz brand collars for cats, I had a very sad and almost deadly situation happen to my cat. I have a Seal Point Siamese who is allergic to fleas.

We usually use Frontline, but we were all out.

I decided to

try a flea collar so I could save myself a trip to the vet.

$244 later, I wish I had never made that choice.

My cat got the collar in her mouth.

The chemicals almost killed her.

She now has permanent neurological & respiratory damage from the ...

• chemicals.

Use caution when applying these chemicals to your cats.

The pesticide used in these collars is a widely used, generic chemical for flea treatment, but unfortunately, it doesn’t work well with cats.

Their bodies just can’t handle it.

Hartz, really should follow the ways of the more responsible companies,

and pull these harmful collars.

According to our Vet, they have 1-2 extreme to fatal situations per week directly related to these collars.

To those who haven’t had problems…be very glad and know that you are lucky.

To those who are trying to research your options — Don’t buy the Hartz collar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29121097461031/k2311a1012/10.12.06