Fleur de Lotus by Guerlain Perfume  » Perfume  »
  • I love the smell of lotus because it has this freshness which is distinct and close to an aquatic smell
  • The scent is so light when it blends with my skin thats why I like it
  • No matter what, I think the floral concept best describes beauty for women
  • It has a rich and dense quality of a floral smell without giving you the boring quality

• by scentiments

One of my favorite scent now when I am working whether on the runway or just plainly partying is Fleur de Lotus from Guerlain. I use to be engaged with a different scent before but this captured more of my personality that’s why. This was just released last year. I love the smell of lotus because it has this freshness which is distinct and close to an aquatic smell. The main inspiration of this scent was a Japanese woman named Mitsuoko. In fact in the face of the bottle, where the sticker was placed, it says “Mitsuoko” with the picture of lotus flower. It has a very attractive concept and even the color of the liquid manifested serene beauty. This started when I can’t get off the smell of Guerlain stall in one

of the posh malls in Hong Kong. I went back and asked what was the fragrance and then they gave me the name. I have my first bottle just last month when I was shopping. It was a really great shopping because I was so excited to try this. I was drawn to the fragrance that upon one instance I told myself that I should be wearing this.

The scent is so light when it blends with my skin thats why I like it. I like the floral start. It gave me a good booze of refreshment. I like the floral concept because of the detailed feminine quality. I could not any more scents that are for women other than an overdose of floral smell. No matter what, I think the floral ...

• concept best describes beauty for women. Definitely this concept was revived here. I like the soft but lingering effect of the start. I think it was like jasmine or gardenia then hints of lotus as well. The segue is a bit strong, with hints of patchouli and lotus and peach. Then the dry down consists of rose and violet, amber and musk. I think amber made it a bit sultry however I like that in every stage the floral character of the smell remained. I like the lotus quality of the smell because it was really what you will get during the dry down. When you breath the scent, it gives you subtle and very light atmospheric effect. It was like floating in the clouds with high quality of smell. It was the
        refreshing tone that I really like which I kept on savoring while the scent lasted in my body. I happen to like this scent because of this effect. It does not stink or mixes with overdose soapy or powdery smell but pure and simple lotus smell.

The notes were not whimsical to mislead you in anyway. The points that you will get are not dull or too leaden with sourness. I like how the scent dabbles in your skin like fresh could in atmosphere with just plain softness and purity to offer. The scent is very clear too. It has a rich and dense quality of a floral smell without giving you the boring quality. I was ecstatic after the dry down because of brilliant the smell was. It is relaxing, refreshing and totally endearing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 563101974471231/k2311a0131/1.31.10