Commit Stop Smoking Lozenges  » Medicine  »
1.5
  • Several friends had suggested Commit Lozenges to help with cravings, so I decided to give them a try
  • I bought the product and read the directions
  • The first thing I noticed was the horrible, awful taste
  • The problem was, every time I took a lozenge, I got a major buzz that I didn't like
  • So, I can't recommend this product, although I can see how it would work for some people because you really don't want a cigarette when you have a lozenge in your mouth

• by mariekay

If you have ever tried to quit smoking, you know how difficult it is. I had smoked for about 10 years, and I quit when I got pregnant. After I had my son, I went back to smoking occasionally. I would have ea cigarette or two on the weekends, but I never smoked around my son. I continued this way for several years. Eventually, two cigarettes became three, the weekends began on Thursdays, and my smoking got to a point where I wanted to quit again. I still didn’t smoke “a lot”, 2 or 3 cigarettes in the evenings, and more on weekends, but I was turning 35 and decided now was the time.

a try. I was a little turned off by the price, almost $60 for a box of 108 lozenges. But I figured that if the products helped me quit, I would save a lot of money not buying cigarettes, so it was worth it to me.

I bought the product and read the directions. The lozenges must be taken a specific way to optimize success. The directions say to take 1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours for the first 6 weeks. Well, I figured I would wait until I had the urge to smoke before taking a lozenge. So, that evening after dinner when I would normally go outside for a puff, I took a lozenge instead (you are not allowed to smoke at all while taking the lozenges). The first thing I noticed was the horrible, awful taste! It’s hard to even describe how awful these things taste, I almost gagged on it. Not to mention, the lozenges take 20-30 minutes to completely dissolve, that’s like torture! I couldn’t finish it, so I spit it into the garbage and figured I would try again later.

I couldn’t bring myself to take another one until the next evening. After dinner, I put another lozenge in my mouth. This time I managed to suffer through the taste and dissolve the entire thing. I felt a buzz from the lozenge, and no, I didn’t want to smoke. So I figured if I could just tolerate the taste of the medication, maybe it would really help me.

The problem was,

• Commit Stop Smoking Lozenges
      every time I took a lozenge, I got a major buzz that I didn’t like. My heart rate seemed to increase, and I felt an uncomfortable sensation all over. Cigarettes never gave me that kind of feeling. The package said that I might experience a warm tingly sensation, but that’s not what this was. So I decided I couldn’t tolerate the taste or the side effects. A friend suggested sucking on a half of a lozenge instead of the whole thing. This technique worked a little better, but still…I just couldn’t get past the awful taste!

So, in the end, I gave the box of lozenges to a friend who was trying to quit. Apparently he didn’t think the taste was all that bad. I figured

it would be easier to quit smoking cold turkey than to have to put up with the horrible tasting lozenges. I think the side effects I experienced were because I didn’t even smoke that much to begin with. I think this product is designed for those who smoke a pack a day or more.

So, I can’t recommend this product, although I can see how it would work for some people because you really don’t want a cigarette when you have a lozenge in your mouth. For me, I just couldn’t deal with the taste and the side effects, so it was a waste of money. Maybe if they come out with a better tasting product, I would try that. For now I will just try to quit on my own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263101974321231/k2311a0131/1.31.10