Vicks Nyquil Sinus LiquiCaps  » Medicine  »
  • They all said basically the same thing, so I decided to go with a brand that I trusted - Vicks Nyquil Sinus LiquiCaps
  • I noticed that the ingredients included a decongestant, an antihistamine, and a pain reliever
  • Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking to get relief from their sinus symptoms

• by mariekay

Our household has had its share of sickness over the past few months. It’s cold and flu season, and there seems to be even more of it going around. I recently had a cold that turned into a painful sinus infection. I was extremely congested, and I had terrible sinus pressure in my face. I also had a pounding headache that reminded me of a bad hangover…only it would last all day long.

I needed some relief so I went down to Walgreens looking for a sinus medication to help with my symptoms. I saw several different brands on the

shelf and I began reading the packages. They all said basically the same thing, so I decided to go with a brand that I trusted - Vicks Nyquil Sinus LiquiCaps. I had tried other Nyquil products and been satisfied, so I picked up the medication and took a dose when I got home.

The product itself is a gel-type capsule with a blueish color. The idea is that there is liquid inside these caplets, coated with gel. One you swallow them, the gel dissolves and the liquid goes into your system. The pills were really easy to swallow, and I liked the fact that this medication was in pill form rather than liquid like some other Nyquil products. It was nice to not have to choke down a foul tasting liquid medication in order to get relief.

The package said the medication would relieve sinus pressure, sinus pain, congestion, headache, and runny nose. I noticed that the ingredients included a decongestant, an antihistamine, and a pain reliever. I also noticed that this product didn’t contain alcohol like many other Nyquil products, but it claimed that it would help with sleep.

About 30 minutes after taking the pills, I did feel some relief.

• Vicks Nyquil Sinus LiquiCaps
      I could breather a little better, and the pressure in my face was diminished. Also, I noticed a significant relief of my headache. I still didn’t feel 100%, but the medication did help. I also noticed that it made me very drowsy, and I went to sleep about an hour after taking it.

I continued taking the product as directed for several days. The medication relieved my symptoms and allowed me to get a full night of sleep. I did notice that I felt a little groggy in the mornings, but I can’t say whethe rthis was from the medication or

from the sickness itself. I had also obtained a prescription antibiotic from my doctor during that time. The Nyquil Sinus medication helped with the symptoms while the antibiotic fought the infection. Within about a week I was feeling back to normal. I keep this medication in the house in case I get another sinus infection or cold that requires treatment.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking to get relief from their sinus symptoms. I can’t say it’s any more effective than the store brand (which would be cheaper) but for me, I trust Nyquil and I continue to buy their products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 263101974311231/k2311a0131/1.31.10