Tesco Value Malt Loaf
  • At the ridiculously low prices they are selling for, you should not expect anything to be of the highest quality, but some products in the range are better than others and I like reviewing them to let other people know how bad or good they are
  • I have had about half of it so far and have enjoyed it, thickly buttered with a nice butter
  • Some of the 'Value' range I would not go near again but I would definitely buy this again

• by jeanne71

I have been trying to cut down on my spending lately and have been sampling the delights the Tesco Value range has to offer. At the ridiculously low prices they are selling for, you should not expect anything to be of the highest quality, but some products in the range are better than others and I like reviewing them to let other people know how bad or

good they are.

This malted fruit loaf is an example of a ‘Tesco Value’ product that is really not bad at all.

It seems slightly smaller than branded malt loafs and from the look of it, it does not look like it will be that nice as it is a paler, more golden brown colour than the usual dark coloured malt loafs, but it tastes better ...

• than it looks.

It is fairly moist and has juicy raisins throughout.

I have had about half of it so far and have enjoyed it, thickly buttered with a nice butter.

It has a nice fruity taste with perhaps a less intense flavour than the darker, branded malt loaf but it does have a nice flavour.

If you are on a budget but you like a

bit of malt loaf you should try this as it is ridiculously cheap at only about 28 pence! Some of the ‘Value’ range I would not go near again but I would definitely buy this again.

For the price, it is a nice little nibble.

It is perfect for a snack in front of the television and probably better for you than a sticky cake.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273101974131231/k2311a0131/1.31.10