Cerazette Contraceptive Pills  » Health  »
2.5
  • Anyway, taking the pill never posed a problem for me
  • Since I started taking the pill at such a young age it became a real non-issue for me
  • I haven’t noticed any pain or difference in mood with this new pill and taking this instead of microgynon has made no difference to my daily routine whatsoever
  • So, I think it is important to take into account that different pills will react in different ways with different people

• by ChasingDreams

I have been taking contraceptive pills since I was around 14 years old – that may seem odd but my GP suggested beginning the pill because I was experiencing chronic pain prior to my period. So, I was prescribed microgynon which I continued to take for the next 12 years. I did find that my pain significantly reduced when taking Microgynon but I also think that the pain naturally lessened as I got older. Anyway, taking the pill never posed a problem for me.

Since I started taking the pill at such a young age it became a real non-issue for me. Each night I would take the pill at around 9pm before bed, I never forgot. Then, when I had my seven day break from the pill, my period would begin on the

fourth day of my break at 9am without fail.

Sounds specific but that really is how regular I was with microgynon. However, around 7 months ago I visited my GP for a routine ‘pill check’ and he informed me that he would like me to try a new pill. I have put some weight on over the last couple of years and the doctor felt that a change of pill may be in order.

He decided that he would switch my prescription to Cerazette. I wasn’t particularly worried about this change in contraception since I have always been of the opinion that ‘doctor knows best’ He stressed that Cerazette should be taken at the same time every day which again did not bother me as I took my pill religiously anyway. So, I went ...

• away with a three month supply of pills and began taking Cerazette.

I haven’t noticed any pain or difference in mood with this new pill and taking this instead of microgynon has made no difference to my daily routine whatsoever. However, in those first three months I did not bleed at all. When I revisited my GP I informed him of this and he explained that this is fairly common when switching pills and that he would like me to stick with it for a while longer.

So I left the surgery with a six month supply of Cerazette. I am now about to start my last packet and I have yet to have a period in all this time, not a spot, nothing. Some people may be reading this and thinking this would be

heaven but I don’t like it one bit.

I take contraception for a reason now, namely that I do not want to get pregnant just yet. My regular period each month was a reminder and reassurance that everything was ok. However, without my periods now I am in a constant state of hope, keeping my fingers crossed that the pill is doing what it should be doing behind the scenes.

I have read other reviews of this pill that have specified completely opposite side effects. So, I think it is important to take into account that different pills will react in different ways with different people. Nevertheless, once I have finished this last packet I think I will be returning to my GP and asking if I can have my Microgynon, and my periods, back

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343101973651131/k2311a0131/1.31.10