Inspiron 1100 Dell Computers
0.5
  • I found a Dimension 1100 computer and decided to order it, a flat-panel monitor, and a pair of speakers
  • The shipping to return the monitor would have been $50 and my monitor only cost $165, so I decided to take it apart and remount it using cable ties
  • The real problem I am having is with the Dimension

• by matilda
      Dell Dimension desktops are advertised everywhere: from the internet, to television, and in the Sunday papers. While they are inexpensive, I wanted to see if I could get a better price, so I went to the Dell website and looked in their outlet.

I found a Dimension 1100 computer and decided to order it, a

flat-panel monitor, and a pair of speakers.

To my surprise, I was sent the wrong monitor and the right computer tower.

The shipping to return the monitor would have been $50 and my monitor only cost $165, so I decided to take it apart and remount it using cable ties.

It looks horrible and is ...

• lopsided, but it works.

The real problem I am having is with the Dimension.

This is the slowest computer, and has been from day one.

Also, it has a tendency to freeze up a lot and I find I have to restart it completely.

Dell products used to be great quality, but we have gone

through 4 Dell laptops and 2 Dell computers in a period of three years.

Each time, we have to end up buying another computer.

One time, it was because the laptop was purchased overseas while on military deployment, so the standard warranty offered, wasn?t valid.

Next time, I won’t be buying a Dell, that’s for sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 63111097360131/k2311a1011/10.11.06