Options Outrageous Orange Instant Hot Chocolate Drink
  • There is an intense chocolate taste with a pleasant and quite strong orange flavour

• by jeanne71

When I was a weight-obsessed teenager, I would often have an Options hot chocolate drink, taking a couple to work to have instead of coffee. I can see why because they are only 33 calories per drink which is nothing.

The Options instant hot chocolate drinks are bought in sachets of individual drinks and I am reviewing

the Outrageous Orange flavour.

I am not sure if you can buy them in a jar.

I only paid 25 pence for this sachet, the first one I have bought in ages.

I did use to quite like them but I find this a little sickly now actually.

This does not produce a frothy, milky hot chocolate ...

• but it is a dark brown, gloopy liquid.

There is an intense chocolate taste with a pleasant and quite strong orange flavour.

It does taste of natural orange and I see from the label it contains ‘natural orange flavour’.

I would have preferred a more milky hot chocolate.

I take two sugars in my coffee

and usually add one sugar to hot chocolate but this was so sweet I certainly did not need to do that.

In fact it was a bit too sweet.

I finished the mug but this just a little bit sickly and gloopy for my taste.

It is worth trying if you are on a diet though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273101973550231/k2311a0131/1.31.10