Malteasers Instant Hot Chocolate  » Food  »
  • I bought a single sachet of this from Tesco for about 30 pence, just to try it out
  • I love the taste combination of the malted milk and the chocolate so I was quite hopeful about this hot chocolate drink
  • This is a nice hot chocolate drink but it was not as gorgeous as I had expected and is not the best kind of instant hot chocolate I have ever tasted
  • I enjoyed drinking it but, there are other kinds I prefer to this

• by jeanne71

I am a big fan of Malteasers and so when I spotted this Malteasers Instant Hot Chocolate I was quite looking forward to trying it. I bought a single sachet of this from Tesco for about 30 pence, just to try it out.

You can find these sachets in the coffee and hot drink section in Tesco.

You simply add the powdered contents of the

sachet into a mug and add hot water, giving it a good stir.

If you are not familiar with Malteasers, the confectionary, they are little balls of malted milk, honeycomb type stuff covered in milk chocolate.

I love the taste combination of the malted milk and the chocolate so I was quite hopeful about this hot chocolate drink.

This is a nice hot chocolate drink but it ...

• was not as gorgeous as I had expected and is not the best kind of instant hot chocolate I have ever tasted.

The powder dissolves quite well with a good stir or two and the lovely scent of Malteasers is noticable before you come to drink it.

I actually thought it smelt more like Malteasers than actually tasted like it.

My mouth does feel as

though I have just eaten a packet of Malteasers, but the actual taste of the hot chocolate tasted like a weakened chocolate taste.

They must have added a malted milk flavouring to the chocolate but I could just taste a diluted chocolate.

I enjoyed drinking it but, there are other kinds I prefer to this.

By the way, this has only 99 calories per sachet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273101973530231/k2311a0131/1.31.10