Paws and Whiskers Happy Birthday cards  » Gifts  »
  • For the price, I think they are extremely good, and while a personally drawn or photographed design would be better, not all of us have the ability to manage such things
  • On the front it claims that they are mixed into cat, dog, kitten and puppy designs and I found that to be accurate
  • There was no startling imagination shown, but many people like comforting, happy card designs and these will definitely suit them
  • I am quite happy to recommend the Paws and Whiskers cards

• by fredhound

I am always in need of birthday cards with attractive designs to send to my friends, so I was very pleased to see these “Paws and Whiskers” cards from the “Just to say…” range being sold in packs of ten for just one pound at my local card shop. For the price, I think they are extremely good, and while a personally drawn or photographed design would be better, not all of us have the ability to manage such things.

The cards come

in a square box, unsurprisingly so as the cards themselves are also square! On the front it claims that they are mixed into “cat, dog, kitten and puppy designs” and I found that to be accurate. The two sample designs on the front cover were both included, and the other three (there are two each of five designs) were of a similarly high standard. There was no startling imagination shown, but many people like comforting, happy card designs and these will definitely ...

• suit them.

As is usually (but not quite always) the case, the cards were accompanied by envelopes of a suitable size. I didn’t think they were all that strong, and while I was quite happy to use them for posting the cards within the UK I’m not sure I’d have been quite so comfortable with them for sending to friends overseas. The envelopes are white, which postal authorities usually prefer or even prescribe, and they stick down acceptably well.

The text inside the cards

is a very simple “Happy Birthday” message. I was quite happy to see that, since I am not a big fan of very long or complex greetings such as verses - I prefer to write those myself if I think they are required. The photos were cheerful, especially one of a cute ginger kitten, and the card itself was of fair quality, but okay given the low price of the set. I am quite happy to recommend the “Paws and Whiskers” cards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 463101973410131/k2311a0131/1.31.10