Hot Concepts Handy Maxx Flashlight  » Hardware  »
  • I like to carry a flashlight with me and have for years

• by Orrymain

I like to carry a flashlight with me and have for years; that is, until my last one became unusable. I cannot figure out how to open the thing. So, while shopping recently, I just stumbled upon a very simple potential replacement, the Hot Concepts Handy Maxx Flashlight. It’s just a small size, a few inches high and less than

an inch wide, and it’s plastic, not quite as sturdy as my original one, but strong enough. I like that it’s a little lightweight as well.

This flashlight uses two AA batteries and is very easy to screw and unscrew the top portion off in order to put them in. I had no problems getting it ready to go. I’ve also had the opportunity to use it a few times and have been happy with thus far. Most recently, we had a power outage and this was right with me. It made my navigating the darkness of my surroundings with ease. I just feel safer having it in my possession.

It casts enough light to see while walking around a dark house ...

• Hot Concepts Handy Maxx Flashlight
      and to focus on opening your car or front door. It’s not as bold as a regular flashlight, but it’s not supposed to be, either. I call this a personal flashlight. It’s made to be used when you find yourself away from home and from where you might have a regular flashlight at your disposal.

I carry this in my purse

and sometimes in my pocket. That’s the beauty of its lightness. I also consider this disposable. After all, it only costs $2.50. It’s not meant for heavy duty uses.

The only down part of it is that it’s made in China, and I’m very leery of anything made in China. Still, it is a good value and it’s getting the job done.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 333101973210131/k2311a0131/1.31.10