Darby O’Gill and the Little People movie  » Movies  »
  • I think the biggest surprise for me now is seeing Sean Connery as such a young age, playing such a part in a Disney production

• by Orrymain

It must have taken me ten tries over the years to finally sit and get through all of Darby O’Gill and the Little People. I don’t know what it is about this tale of leprechauns and banshees, but for literally decades I’ve tried to watch the entire film unsuccessfully. Recently, I forced myself to finally get through the entire film. I’m not sure why it took that long, if it was difficulty in understanding the words

as a child, or just being bored by the story, but something kept me from this movie.

Actually, it’s not a bad movie at all. I think the biggest surprise for me now is seeing Sean Connery as such a young age, playing such a part in a Disney production. It’s not how I’m used to thinking of this James Bond actor. He was actually very fun to watch here, though. He had charm to go ...

• along with the drama. I liked him the best.

It may be that I never really understood anything that was happening in Darby O’Gill and the Little People. I have to admit that I wasn’t all that sure about everything I saw when I did finally see the whole thing. It was a little confusing for me. Maybe I need to stop questioning the magic of it. It might also be that except for Connery,

I don’t know these actors. That put some distance between myself and the story. I like seeing familiar faces.

The story itself was somewhat enchanting, though I wasn’t that fond of King Brian and his leprechauns. They aren’t my image of the little people. Maybe I wanted and expected something even more magical.

Overall, Darby O’Gill and the Little People is a decent movie, but for me, it’s disappointing. I am glad I finally sat through it, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 113101972990131/k2311a0131/1.31.10