Windsor’s Pilates Power Sculpting with Resistance Band ABS version  » Health  »
  • I enjoy these work out DVDs for one because they are cheap, I bought mine off a commercial I saw one morning on TV
  • The additional DVDs were a bit more expensive then the first, I think around $25 or $30.00 for two, but compare that with the cost of gym membership or personal Pilates classes, and the savings are immense
  • A note on the back and arms workout, I don't think that it is challenging enough for you too actually notice results, I did it for a while and afterward my arms hardly felt as though they had just completed a workout
  • Stick to the free weights if that is your problem area
  • I highly recommend the Winsor Pilates DVDs to anyone looking to tone and sculpt their body

• by AnnaHeather

I have been doing Mari Windsor’s Pilates DVDs on and off for around 6 years, it is a simple way to strength my body, become more flexile and most importantly loose weight! My favorite version is the Power Sculpting ABS version with resistance band, in just 20 minutes of various moves designed to tone your abdominal region I can see and feel the results in just a couple weeks.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Pilates, it is similar to yoga, with mostly floor based movements where breathing and your “core” strength are important. Your core is your abdominal region, and basically once it is stronger all of the exercises become much easier and hopefully your tummy will become much flatter.

I enjoy these work out DVDs for one because they are cheap, I bought mine off a commercial I saw one morning on TV. The initial price was $19.95 and it included the first two DVDs, and then you could keep receiving different DVDs that focused on different parts of the body until you

had the whole set. The additional DVDs were a bit more expensive then the first, I think around $25 or $30.00 for two, but compare that with the cost of gym membership or personal Pilates classes, and the savings are immense. Also you can do them whenever you please and from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a DVD player and perhaps a mat, as you will be on the floor for most of the workout.

Depending on which version you are doing, the time will vary from almost an hour to 20 minutes. The hour long version is a total body sculpting where she does a general workout for the whole body. The 20 minute versions focus on a certain part of the body. I had DVDs for the back and arms, legs and abs. A note on the back and arms workout, I don’t think that it is challenging enough for you too actually notice results, I did it for a while and afterward my arms hardly felt as though they had just completed a workout. Stick to the free weights if that is ...

• your problem area.

The second set of Winsor Pilates DVDs I purchased, again from an infomercial, was her Power Sculpting Version, which included a stretchy resistance band to make the moves a bit more difficult. I purchased the entire set once again, and found out that the moves on her DVDs were quite similar to the last set, this time the main difference was the use of the band. So if you wanted to save money, you can pick up your own band at a sporting goods store and supplement it with your old DVDs.

The one Winsor Pilate’s DVD with the power sculpting band I do suggest getting is the ABS version. I can not stress to you how soon you will see the results. There must be a science to what moves are used and sequenced, because I have been battling with my weight my entire life, and this is the only sure proof method I have found that you WILL see results. The DVD is 20 minutes long, it starts off with a

couple breathing and stretching exercises to loosen up your muscles, and then continues to get more difficult and challenging for your core. One thing I dislike about this workout is that she basically does not do a cool down, there is only one move at the end called “a little piece of heaven” which for those of you familiar with yoga is the same as ” child’s pose”, that stretches out your back. I suppose you could do some stretches on your own if you felt inspired. I do the abs workout twice a week, and her full body workout once in between.

I highly recommend the Winsor Pilates DVDs to anyone looking to tone and sculpt their body. If your goal is to shed around 10 pounds and just have a more defined body this is for you. If your goal is to loose around 20-30 pounds, I wouldn’t suggest this. It does not have a cardiovascular workout section what so ever, so it would be hard to lose a large amount of weight. Your body would be more toned, but you probably would not see such drastic results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343101972651231/k2311a0131/1.31.10