Essence magazine  » Media  »
  • I'm not an African American, but one of my favourite African American magazines is a magazine by the name of Essence
  • Recently though, before the new year started, I decided to buy one that had in a list of different black hair styles so that I could have an idea of what I wanted my style to be when the new year begun
  • The magazine didn't cost too much, in comparison to others on the shelf, and I'm actually glad I bought one
  • I would recommend it mostly for hairstyles though, since it usually has those latest black hairstyles inside

• by Redtape

I’m not an African American, but one of my favourite African American magazines is a magazine by the name of Essence. I usually see them being sold in stores, but when I usually get the chance to look on them is when I’m either in a waiting area, or I have gone to

the hairdresser to get my hair or nails done. Recently though, before the new year started, I decided to buy one that had in a list of different black hair styles so that I could have an idea of what I wanted my style to be when the new year begun.

The magazine didn’t ...

• cost too much, in comparison to others on the shelf, and I’m actually glad I bought one. Essence magazine doesn’t just have issues that addresses black American women, but instead many black women including me read it since it sometimes carries stories that address the issues of black women globally.

Like magazines like Cozmopolitan,

Essence always gives advice on things like how to lose weight, gives women’s experiences with certain problems and issues and also gives relationship advice.

I would recommend it mostly for hairstyles though, since it usually has those latest black hairstyles inside. Most of the times they come with instructions on how to create them as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 392901971630731/k2311a0129/1.29.10