Cadbury Star Bar  » Food  »
  • Cadbury's Star Bar is one of my favourite chocolate bars
  • This is a delicious chocolate bar and it may be that a lot of people might love it, if they only know it exists
  • I love many different chocolate bars but I will often choose a Star Bar, not only for its good taste, but because they are quite filling
  • If you like peanut butter and chocolate, which are the predominant flavours in a Star Bar, I think you will like this
  • If you have never tried one before, I would recommend you try them

• by jeanne71

Cadbury’s Star Bar is one of my favourite chocolate bars. Before writing this review, I nipped onto Wikipedia to remind myself when they first came out as I have been buying these regularly since the 1980s.

Interestingly, it pointed out that this Star Bar only exists because of a ’small but loyal fanbase’ as it has not been advertised anywhere for a long time.

I must be part of that loyal fanbase then.

This is a delicious chocolate bar and it may be that a

lot of people might love it, if they only know it exists! To describe the bar, it is about the length of a Snickers but is a cylindrical shape.

At its centre, it has a soft, peanut butter nougat which is nice and light, throughout the nougat it tastes like there are little bits of biscuit to give it a bit of crunch.

This nougat centre is coated in caramel with bits of peanuts in and then the whole thing is covered in Cadbury milk chocolate.

I ...

• love many different chocolate bars but I will often choose a Star Bar, not only for its good taste, but because they are quite filling.

I generally love the combination of chocolate, peanuts and caramel as you get in a Snickers for example, and this Star Bar is probaby as tough to bite into as a Snickers, making it a substantial snack.

But a Star Bar has its own advantages, as the tasty peanut butter nougat is probably nicer than the nougat in the Snickers.

I

personally enjoy this bar when it has been in the fridge for a while as it makes it even tougher to bite into which I love.

If you like peanut butter and chocolate, which are the predominant flavours in a Star Bar, I think you will like this.

It is to be found with the other confectionary and usually has a bright yellow wrapper with ‘Star Bar’ in purple letters and they cost about 55 pence.

If you have never tried one before, I would recommend you try them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272901971180631/k2311a0129/1.29.10