The Complete Beatles Lyrics book  » Books  »
  • They were an amazing band and I did come to appreciate them and how modern their songs sound even nowadays
  • I prefer the later, more psychadelic phase myself

• by jeanne71

The subtitle to ‘The Complete Beatles Lyrics’ is ‘Every song written and recorded by Lennon, McCartney, Harrison and Starr’. This book came out in 1982, published by Omnibus Press and is avalailable on Amazon. A boyfriend bought me this as a present years ago as he had introduced me to the fantastic music of the Beatles and he was keen to encourage me. They were an amazing band and I did come to appreciate them and how modern their songs sound even nowadays. That shows how classic they were really. This book

is a very special book to me. I have the paperback which is about 10″ x 7″ in size. On the black and white cover is a stark picture of the faces of the ‘Fab Four’ in their early days with basin haircuts. I do not know what other books are available with all the Beatles lyrics, but on this cover it says ‘For the first time ever in print’ so it was the only one at the time it came out anyway. This is a great book for every Beatle fan.

The songs ...

• are listed in the order they were released and the index lists every year from 1962 (that songs were released) up until 1977, and the songs that were released that year. Next to every song in brackets is the name of whoever sings it, John or Paul etc. My only criticism of this book is that I would like to have been informed who actually wrote each song, so I can enter into those silly debates over who is better, John or Paul! I never know who wrote what, I just know that the
        lyrics are charming. It also contains quite a few candid photographs including privates ones which are great, showing how the years aged them. If you do not know when a particular song was released, you can look up the name in the index at the back.

This is a lovely book that I dip into now and then and sometimes just sit and read. Sometimes the songs are so simple and just a short verse, but always charming. I prefer the later, more psychadelic phase myself. This is a great book for any Beatles fan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172901971070631/k2311a0129/1.29.10