Adobe Photoshop Elements  » Software  »
  • It has some of the features of the bigger version, but definitely not all
  • I think I get results that are good enough both for private use and for selling
  • The other problem I've had is that it sometimes automatically opens a picture with different layers and refuses to let you do anything before you have merged them

• by FoTorunn

Adobe Photoshop Elements is the light version of Adobe Photoshop. It has some of the features of the bigger version, but definitely not all.

It is very much cheaper though, and doesn’t need as much digital memory as Adobe Photoshop.

If you only want to crop pictures, you don’t need even this, but if you want to do a bit more

it is quite good.

I use it for cropping and sharpening, and I also do some colour enhancing and occasionally remove things with bright colours from the background.

It works well for this; I think I get results that are good enough both for private use and for selling.

It has some of the same features as the full version for ...

• resizing image files.

If you want to sell your pictures to stock market agencies, some of them want bigger files than your camera produces.

Then I always use the bicubic option for enlarging image files, it gives less pixilation and no distortion.

I’m not particularly happy with the help function, when you search for a keyword you get a lot of

hits for things that don’t have anything to do with what you wanted or the keyword you used.

The other problem I’ve had is that it sometimes automatically opens a picture with different layers and refuses to let you do anything before you have merged them.

All the things that you can work out more or less on yourself work perfectly though.

Adobe Photoshop Elements

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 302901970960631/k2311a0129/1.29.10