Mean Streets novellas
  • I had only read books by Jim Butcher when I bought it, I don't think I had even heard of the 3 others, but as the novellas all can be read without having read much of the background story that wasn't a problem
  • I was actually quite pleased that I liked all four as I bought the book mainly for the novella called The warrior , from Butchers Dresden files universe
  • I ended up buying the books in the Remy Chandler series by Sniegoski after having read the novella, so I can definitely recommend it
  • I think all four had quite exciting plots

• by FoTorunn

Mean Streets is a anthology with four novellas by four bestselling authors, Jim Butcher, Simon R. Green, Kat Richardson and Thomas E.

Sniegoski.

Each novella is about 80 pages, so it is perfect book to divide up on four evenings.

I had only read books by Jim Butcher when I bought it, I don’t think I had even heard of

the 3 others, but as the novellas all can be read without having read much of the background story that wasn’t a problem.

I was actually quite pleased that I liked all four as I bought the book mainly for the novella called “The warrior”, from Butchers Dresden files universe.

In the other anthologies with short stories from the Dresden ...

• files universe there are about twice as many stories, in Mean Streets you don’t get as much variety but the characters in the stories you get are more fleshed out.

I ended up buying the books in the Remy Chandler series by Sniegoski after having read the novella, so I can definitely recommend it.

All four novellas are about private

investigators that in one way or the other are connected to the supernatural.

I think all four had quite exciting plots; I really wanted to know who the killer was, not just what fancy new magic stuff the investigator could do.

All four have quite a lot of humour in them in some way, so it’s both a funny and an exciting book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172901970940531/k2311a0129/1.29.10