Yukon Night Vision Binoculars 25203 NVB Viking LT  » Other  »
  • Hippos in the water were a bit difficult to spot and although I admired how the guy swerved left and right to avoid these huge aquatic animals, we still barely missed one

• by bethbarl

These are specially designed binoculars which enable me to view things even during the night. I was really excited to use it the first time my husband brought it home. I could not wait till it was night time because I was curious to see if it would work. Although there are several modifications to this type of binoculars, my husband chose the 25203 model because of its long range illuminatory capability.

I really am relieved that this outdoor device is very light and quite portable. It comes with a carrying case so even if I have to bring it myself, I would not mind it at all. The straps are durable and the objective lenses are protected with caps. The binoculars itself has

a sleek, ergonomic design which makes it very comfortable to hold while viewing something. Because of this design, the central focusing parts are quite soft on the eyes. I find it the perfect device to view animals or anything in the night as an example as it with its fixed eye span distance and infrared illumination features, I can see what I am looking at in partial or even complete darkness. It actually works and the battery can last up to 10 hours of continued use.

I first tested this device with my husband by switching on the button after which a green light blinks to indicate that the infrared lenses are working. Bear in mind that the protective caps should not be removed unless one is in the dark as I nearly destroyed the device in my excitement to see if I could really see in the dark. Manipulating it later is quite straightforward just by pressing the IR button which would activate the infrared illuminator (red light blinks). I just focus it on the object I want to see and rotate the central focusing wheel on the eyepieces until I get the clarity and quality vision that I want. Nothing could be as easy as this operation.

I’m glad I had them as this pair of binoculars saved our lives while doing a boat ride in the Okavango Delta. As our flight was delayed, it was already dusk when we reached the ...

• Yukon Night Vision Binoculars 25203 NVB Viking LT
      boat station. I still had to take a 2 hour boat ride to an island in the Delta where I would camp for the night. It was difficult for the boat operator to see in the dark as in addition there were all sorts of insects flying into our faces. The channels were also not that wide and it was absolutely dark. Even with the boat lights on, it was not enough to see ahead of us. Certainly not enough to see what’s on the side of the delta such as that elephant bull crossing. Although he trumpeted, we could not see where he was going and a crossed bull is really mean.

Fortunately, my husband had the sense to take out his

night vision binoculars and helped in surveying our path, indicating where the elephant was. Hippos in the water were a bit difficult to spot and although I admired how the guy swerved left and right to avoid these huge aquatic animals, we still barely missed one. Thankfully, the boat did not tip and I did not even want to imagine what’s in the water.

Altogether, these Yukon binoculars serve a good purpose for me as I am often doing safaris and travelling in really isolated places. They are easy to operate and are portable. For the price paid for these (€250), it is a good device which works in the dark and can also help you get out of tricky situation such as ours.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122901970860531/k2311a0129/1.29.10