Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Moisture Network Night Cream  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • One of these, however, I believe, was formulated to make you miserable
  • I did experience hydration from this night cream
  • There is definitely more to a product than its smell

• by scentiments

Most night creams are used to correct ‘errors’ on the face. These ‘errors’ could be in the form of blemishes like dark spots on the skin, uneven skin tone, oily skin, and the like. There are various sorts of night creams, formulated to meet your needs. One of these, however, I believe, was formulated to make you miserable. Since I am a frequent user of night creams, it is but natural that I buy and try different brands. This night cream I’m talking about was contrived by a very inept person.

For beginners, the night cream was too thick. Its texture was similar to that of asphalt and it felt too heavy on my face. When I applied it, it felt like my face was buried in concrete. Aside from that, it was very uncomfortable, because

of its temperature. The cream was very warm. This struck me as odd, because all of the other night creams I tried were very cool and refreshing on my face. After applying them, I felt like I came from a revitalizing shower. This night cream made me feel sluggish. I did experience hydration from this night cream. I felt my skin was still the same and there was nothing that I experienced that was something new or any nourishment for that matter.

Aside from the unpleasant temperature of this cream, it also had with it a sting. When I applied and rubbed it on my face, my skin felt scalded. In fact, it felt like fresh blisters on my foot after a game of soccer. To add to my discomfort, my face felt like it was ...

• being stretched the next morning. Have you ever had someone pull your cheeks from side to side? Do you remember the feeling? Well, that’s what it basically felt like.

Well, I guess despite all its unbelievable and unacceptable flaws, that night cream did have a good point. If I were to point out the good in that night cream, it would be its very appealing scent. The smell was very feminine and flowery. Smelling it made me reminisce about my walks in Grandma’s rose garden during my childhood days. However, the scent was not enough to make me forget about its general foulness. There is definitely more to a product than its smell.

That’s not its only good point though. It has another one. It was very mild; like baby shampoo. It did not hurt or harm

my eyes, although I accidentally scrubbed then with the cream still on my fingers. But still, this was not enough of a compensating factor. It was a fluke because the cream was not effective. The blemishes on my face were still there, even after the prescribed seven days of use. What a waste, right? If I knew that the night cream would do what it did, which was nothing except cause me irritation and discomfort, I wouldn’t have bought it. But what’s done is done.

I’m sure that there a lot of other night creams like the one I’ve been ranting about, so I’ll be careful the next time. I’ll make sure that someone I trust can prove that the only thing it will do for me is the only thing its supposed to. That way, I’d have no regrets, and more importantly, no irritations.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312801970561131/k2311a0128/1.28.10