The Schnitzel King in Fountain, Co  » Restaurants  »
5644 S US Highway 85-87 Fountain, CO
  • Recently my husband and I bought a discounted gift certificate online to try the Schnitzel King restaurant in Fountain, Colorado
  • The Spaetzle was wonderful, they are pan fried in margarine and absolutely delicious
  • I would definitely recommend The Schnitzel King to anyone who will be in the area and enjoys authentic, homemade German cuisine
  • Just stick with their specialty, oh and definitely try the hollandaise it is out of this world

• by Deanne

Recently my husband and I bought a discounted gift certificate online to try the Schnitzel King restaurant in Fountain, Colorado. We both love German food so it was an ideal day out.

The atmosphere was very surprising, considering it is located in an old run down strip mall.

We always thought the paper coated windows made it look like the kind of “dive” from

the outside that usually has great food.

Anyway when you go in it is all candle lit tables and booth’s a VERY romantic setting.

They have very few selections on the menu other than the Schnitzel, which we were also pleasantly surprised to find out most are pork they don’t serve veal at all.

My husband tried the Swiss Schnitzel and I tried the ...

• steak just in case we didn’t like the Schnitzel.

The Schnitzel was awesome very tender and a large portion, the steak on the other hand was disappointing, very dry and tough.

The Spaetzle was wonderful, they are pan fried in margarine and absolutely delicious.

cuisine.

Just stick with their specialty, oh and definitely try the hollandaise it is out of this world! * The only warning I have to offer is don’t order soda, it is $1.

75 a glass but they don’t mention it is a can and a glass of ice and it is a $1.

75 for each can, the iced tea is good and comes with refills!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72801970261131/k2311a0128/1.28.10