Shure C606 Dynamic Microphone  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • I bought the Shure C606 microphone because it was cheap
  • Although I didn't have any real expectations for this microphone, I was still disappointed
  • Of course there were mics from other brand names, but I thought Shure would be the best (which it usually is)
  • This is impossible to avoid unless you are using a stand (which will cost you another $20) After doing more research, I realized that there are better options for under $40
  • I would not recommend the Shure C606 to anyone

• by Connor

I bought the Shure C606 microphone because it was cheap. It can be found online for about $30. Although I didn’t have any real expectations for this microphone, I was still disappointed.

I was looking for a mic for under about $40. This was the only Shure mic that I

could find in this price range.

Of course there were mics from other brand names, but I thought Shure would be the best (which it usually is). I was wrong.

First, this microphone is extremely quiet! I had the gain on my sound mixer up all the way and it was still barely audible. Second, once you get it to an audible level, there is a huge amount of buzzing in the background.

This could either be because of the mic or because u have to amplify it so much to hear it, but either way it is extremely annoying and ...

• Shure C606 Dynamic Microphone
      virtually impossible to EQ out. Third, you would have to be a surgeon to not get frequent “booms” when holding this microphone.

Every time you move your hand you get a loud and annoying “BOOM. ” This is impossible to avoid unless you are using a stand (which will cost you

another $20) After doing more research, I realized that there are better options for under $40.

I would not recommend the Shure C606 to anyone. Instead I recommend a condenser microphone.

the Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone will give you a lot more sound quality for your money. It can be found for about $40.

chris says :

if your using pc soundcard that is big no no i use that same kind of microphone with m audio fast track pro through fruityloops works great clear sound no buzzing at all .

Dichromus says :

I have been using this mic for over 12 months and have no issues with it. It sounds good and is well built.It`s no SM57 but for the price it`s great.

Benedict says :

re : I would not recommend the Shure C606 to anyone
I love it cause its cheap

Alexey Voliar says :

re : I would not recommend the Shure C606 to anyone
It is very good on price due to Quality it provides for the performance , people should appreciate this offer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162801970241131/k2311a0128/1.28.10