40 Days and 40 Nights  » Movies  »
2.5
  • When I first saw this movie (shortly after it came out on DVD), I thought it was a funny film
  • I think this is one of those movies that have to be watched just once because, after that, you kind of get a bit tired of all the sex talk throughout it

• by Review Vigilante

Showtime was showing the movie 40 Days and 40 Nights again last night so I took the time to watch it because there really wasn’t much else on TV. When I first saw this movie (shortly after it came out on DVD), I

thought it was a funny film.

Now, I’m not as certain.

I think this is one of those movies that have to be watched just once because, after that, you kind of get a bit tired of all the sex talk throughout it.

/> Basically, the movie is about a guy who is obsessed with his ex-girlfriend and decides to finally get over her by swearing off sex for lent (hence the 40 days and 40 nights).

This, in itself, probably wouldn’t make much of a movie ...

• 40 Days and 40 Nights
      except his friends find out and hold a pool about when he will finally cave in; causing all sorts of women to make seduction attempts on him.

There are some pretty hot sexual moments in this movie, like the two women making out

in the storage closet.

But, it’s nothing that is going to sell the movie.

Again, the first time you see it, you’ll probably find something you’ll enjoy about it.

But, if you have to watch it more than that, I think you’ll find it to be pretty boring.

40 Days and 40 Nights

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112701969790631/k2311a0127/1.27.10