My Blue Heaven
2.5
  • I like Rick Moranis but he was not believable as a federal agent and some of the situations Martin’s character gets himself into are obvious attempts to let him do his thing regardless of whether or not the scenes really make a whole lot of sense plot wise
  • But, don’t expect this to be the best movie you have ever seen

• by Review Vigilante

This past weekend was the first time I had a chance to sit down and watch the movie My Blue Heaven. It was an OK film but it wasn’t as good as I expected it to be and almost a waste of my time this past weekend.

I’m usually a pretty big fan

of Steve Martin and he was decent in this movie playing a mob informant who is now in witness relocation and has to blend in while living in a conservative neighborhood.

Martin carries what is essentially a weak and uninspired script.

I like Rick Moranis but he was not believable as a federal ...

• agent and some of the situations Martin’s character gets himself into are obvious attempts to let him do his thing regardless of whether or not the scenes really make a whole lot of sense plot wise.

The writers were obviously hoping Martin would make the film and not the other way around.

If

you like Steve Martin, this is a movie that is worth watching at least once; especially if you can’t find anything good on TV.

But, don’t expect this to be the best movie you have ever seen.

Let’s put it this way, the movie is so unremarkable, I’m already beginning to forget what happened in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112701969650631/k2311a0127/1.27.10