McCoys Ridged Nacho Cheese Flavour Tortillas
  • I think when I saw them I thought they were the brand I tried before which I liked but these were not as nice as the other brand
  • Anyway, I paid £1 for a big 220g bag of these from Lidl

• by jeanne71

I am not so hot on these Ridged Tortillas from the McCoy’s brand, but they are edible. I think when I saw them I thought they were the brand I tried before which I liked but these were not as nice as the other brand.

Just so we know what we are

talking about, these are nacho cheese tortilla ‘crisps’ - thick, triangular-shaped ridged potato crisps with a nacho cheese flavouring, which means they are spicy.

The only thing is, these are not as spicy as I had hoped.

That other brand I tried, which I have since remembered was from Marks & Spencer,

• had a thick coating of flavouring on it, so that each crisp looked quite orange.

Despite saying on the packet that they are ridged ‘to hold more flavour’, I can see no orangey flavouring on them at all and they taste just slightly spicy and cheesy.

Apart from the disappointing lack of spiciness,

the tortilla crisps themselves are nice and crunchy and as they are thick they make for a substantial snack which is filling.

Maybe you prefer a weaker flavour.

Anyway, I paid £1 for a big 220g bag of these from Lidl.

They are nice enough crisps but, I need more spice in my life!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272701969280531/k2311a0127/1.27.10