IKEA Expedit Bookcase
  • IKEA is an amazing store, I love browsing through the aisles
  • Then one day I noticed an IKEA catalog at a friend's house, and on the back page I saw the exact thing we were looking for
  • One drawback was the shipping cost, it would have cost almost as much to have it delivered to my home as the unit cost to start with

• by CLK
      IKEA is an amazing store, I love browsing through the aisles. I sure wish they were located closer to me, but sometimes you have to drive to find what you want. My daughter is a collector of knick-knacks and we were looking for a very specific type of furniture to add to her newly painted room.

Her bed is black; the rest of the furniture is white. One wall was left to add the perfect piece of furniture too to help store her collections.

We looked

in a lot of ads, searched online, looked in furniture stores, to no avail. Then one day I noticed an IKEA catalog at a friend’s house, and on the back page I saw the exact thing we were looking for.

I went on line, located the item at my local store, which is about 60 miles from my home. The product we purchased is their Expedit in white.

We purchased the small unit; it is four cubes up and four cubes over. The great thing is ...

• the shelves are 15′ deep; that is so awesome and so hard to find these days.

One drawback was the shipping cost, it would have cost almost as much to have it delivered to my home as the unit cost to start with. I went to the store to pick it up.

They have a showroom area to the store and then they have a warehouse area to the store, the items are heavy and it is self serve. I was by myself, but was able to

get the unit onto a cart and to the counter.

They provide an area at the front of the store for loading, you just go get you car and drive it to the front of the store. Our IKEA seems to stay pretty busy, so be ready to stand in line.

Overall, we are extremely happy with our purchase, and she has so many items stored on it! Not other bookcase would have provided such a good fit as the IKEA Expedit. And remember, assembly may be required!

IKEA Expedit Bookcase

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5761096921031/k2311a106/10.6.06