Coskin 2GB USB Flash Drive  » Hardware  »
  • I did not even try as I know that it could probably hold only 1 small video (if at all) as its memory was really limited (about 512 MB)
  • I felt too confined when saving my data that I decided to get the Coskin USB flash drive
  • Having this drive makes it also easy to liberate space from my camera while travelling and enables me to take more pictures without deleting photos I thought were not good enough
  • For the price I paid which was around € 30, I find that this is an average value product

• by bethbarl

I got this device when my other flash drive was too full of data and I could not store anything in it anymore apart from a few documents in a Word file. With the old one, I could hardly store any pictures or anything that takes a lot of memory. Videos were impossible. I did not even try as I know that it could probably hold only 1 small video (if at all) as its memory was really limited (about 512 MB). I was getting frustrated as I relied a lot on my flash drive to hold important data. Furthermore, I find that it is the most compact thing to carry not only for data storage but also as a good option for data back up which could be useful later on if I needed to recover

data. I felt too confined when saving my data that I decided to get the Coskin USB flash drive.

I always find these devices very portable to carry around and do not take a lot of space in my drawer. The Coskin flash drive is no exception. I just pop it into my purse and I am sure that I will get the data I need while on the road or away from my house. I just need to connect it to a computer and I could see the files I need. Having this drive makes it also easy to liberate space from my camera while travelling and enables me to take more pictures without deleting photos I thought were not good enough. In addition, I can also free up a lot of space in my laptop which would ...

• help my computer run quicker and at the same time keep my data safe.

However, I am not too pleased with the way this flash drive is designed - flat and wide. This is the only fault I could find. As two of the USB drives I have on my laptop are side by side, I could not put another USB device beside it as it eats a lot of space. However, the device is light and seems sturdy which somehow compensates for its lack of elegance.

Performance wise, I have absolutely no problems with it. It is instantly recognized in my laptop the very first time I hooked it in the USB drive. That plug and play function worked without a hitch. As this is a 2GB disk drive, I can store a lot of information in

it, including pictures. But as my purpose is to always have something which is portable for stored data and to store data, I dare not overload it. It will just be frustrating if I need to save something in it and I could not because all the memory is used up.

For the price I paid which was around € 30, I find that this is an average value product. True, it is easy to use as it is a plug and play device and it has a large memory which can hold a lot of my personal data. I just think that its design and size a bit awkward as it prevents me from using another USB drive when this flash drive is connected. Except for this, I am quite satisfied with the way it functions and its capacity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332701969120531/k2311a0127/1.27.10