Dunia Fantasi, Jakarta, Indonesia  » Entertainment  »
Lodan Timur Road no. 7, Jakarta, Indonesia
  • I won’t tell you about the same thing about Dufan with any other entertainment park, as they both will have carousel, jet coaster, etc. I will just tell you about what I think as the most interesting attractions of Dufan, that other park doesn’t have

• by second_life

Dunia Fantasi, or often be called as Dufan, is an entertainment park located in Taman Impian Jaya Ancol, Lodan Timur Road no. 7.

I won’t tell you about the same thing about Dufan with any other entertainment park, as they both will have carousel, jet coaster, etc. I will just tell you about what I think as the most interesting attractions of Dufan, that other park doesn’t have.

Dufan has a semi-live theatre called ‘Balada Kera’. It is ‘live’ because all of the character in that theatre is moving at the time we saw them performing, but ‘semi’, as they aren’t living things. All of

its performer are robots, costumed as monkeys (Kera = monkey). The show is just like a cabaret, with some serious dialogue, some jokes, and music, but too little movement that I can’t barely say it a dance. But too bad, they all speak Indonesian only. So if you are a foreigner, you maybe can only enjoy the music (they play some foreign music/songs also), but not their jokes.

Other interesting part of Dufan is its simulation theater. Inside the theatre, there are some seats that can move slightly left, right, and to all other direction, following what you will see on the screen. The film ...

• will change like once in a year or so. So maybe you will want to go here again each time you visit Dufan. But I have to remind you that you better don’t take part of this attraction if you are pregnant, as the vibration is hard enough.

And the last interesting part in my opinion is called as Istana Boneka ( = Palace of the Dolls). As what can you expect, you will see lots of dolls inside. Their costumes symbolizing some different countries, so they are placed based on it. Each of them can move some parts of their body. We will enter

this place using a small boat. And the most interesting part here is that the color of the background music will change according what country we are currently seeing. But too bad, the maintenance here is poor, that you will see some stuck dolls, and some extra dark place as its light isn’t working.

But overall, Dufan, especially those three places I mentioned above is worth to see. I do suggest you to put those three on the top of your schedule if you are visiting Dufan, also don’t forget to bring some anti UV lotion or umbrella if you can’t tolerate tropical weather and its sunlight.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592701969070531/k2311a0127/1.27.10