Edy’s Mango Ice Cream  » Food  »
  • I love eating mangoes which was my sole purpose for making the purchase

• by C.Channing

Edy’s mango ice cream is a recent discovery I made while on one of many excursions to super Wal-Mart. I had previously been accustomed to another brand of ice cream, but I figured since that brand no longer made their mango ice cream I would try Edy’s.

The mango ice cream in Edy’s lineup is part of their fun flavors. I love eating mangoes which was my sole purpose for making the purchase. When I got home I didn’t eat it the

first day because it was sort of a long ride back home and the ice cream had softened; therefore, I had to put it in the freezer to firm it up again. However, the next day I took it out and generously gave myself three scoops of ice cream in a bowl.

The mango ice cream was so good; I don’t know exactly how to explain except that it was really soft and light for ice cream. It was almost as if ...

• it had been churned. It was very sweet and I loved the real chunks of mango they included. The mango chunks were not you average baby, diced fruit pieces thrown into the ice cream but large chunks you could find in the frozen fruit area.

The ice cream was so good that I started making milkshakes with it instead of just eating it. All I do is add a little bit of milk and a couple of scoops of ice cream, and

let my blender handle the rest. Even when I mix it in the blender, there are still enough decent size chunks of mango to enjoy. I’m working on other ways of using the mango ice cream in other recipes.

Overall, I liked the Edy’s mango ice cream because it was so soft and sweet–the mango chunks were a bonus. It has a beautiful light, orange color that makes it even more appetizing. It’s one of my list of favorite ice creams to eat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272701968720431/k2311a0127/1.27.10