Zales diamond/jewelry store
6325 W. Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605
  • I personally thought that was a bit of an overkill in price and I definitely wouldn't spend that much on a pair of earrings
  • I thought they looked nice and elegant considering I had a total of six holes (three in each ear)
  • Overall, I liked my experience with Zales because the sales associate was talking with me instead of at me, even though I didn't know the first thing about diamonds

• by C.Channing

Zales is a diamond/jewelry store I went to in hopes of finding three pairs of earrings to place the studs I would wear that I purchased from Sally’s Beauty Store.

When I first walked into the store, I was nervous because I didn’t know much about diamonds or what to look for in them, but I did know I didn’t want anything of my budget of two hundred dollars. I wanted nice diamonds, but I didn’t want to pay an arm and a leg for them because I had three holes in each of my ears and they were for daily wear anyway. I was greeted by this charming sales associate who quickly walked over to shake my hand. He asked me how could he assist me and I told him

was looking for three pairs of earrings. At first he thought I was purchasing them for women in my family and then I showed him my ears and he laughed.

He escorted me over to the glass case where the earrings were stored and looking at some of the prices, I knew two hundred dollars were not going to be enough. I had more than two hundred dollars to spend, but I was hoping I wouldn’t have to and the price tags on some of the studs were telling me otherwise. I told him I didn’t exactly know what I was looking for except small diamond earrings and he pointed me to the princess cut section.

The princess cut earrings were so nice and some almost made have an asthma attack, and ...

• I don’t even have asthma. I saw a full one caret princess cut that was fifteen thousand dollars. I personally thought that was a bit of an overkill in price and I definitely wouldn’t spend that much on a pair of earrings. I had told him I wanted my budget to stay under eight hundred dollars as much as possible, he ended up finding me a nice pair of princess cut diamond earrings that were a quarter caret. A quarter caret may not seem like a lot, but it was enough for me and the earrings were on sale at two hundred and thirty dollars. It seemed like a good deal considering I would be buying three sets.

As the sales associate began checking me out, I told him I didn’t

need my earrings wrapped because I wanted to put them on in the store. I was so happy to be rid of my cheap earrings and to put my new diamond earrings in their place. I thought they looked nice and elegant considering I had a total of six holes (three in each ear). I threw out the old earrings and proceeded to leave.

Overall, I liked my experience with Zales because the sales associate was talking with me instead of at me, even though I didn’t know the first thing about diamonds. He was patient and friendly; he also helped me find the least expensive earrings. It was a really easy buying experience and I’ll probably go back for another purchase when I have extra money. I’m completely satisfied with my earrings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 452701968620431/k2311a0127/1.27.10