Camden Court Hotel Dublin Ireland
Lower Camden St Dublin, Co. Dublin City, Ireland 01 475 9666
  • The main dining room, Iveagh is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving up delicious local food and wine at reasonable prices
  • Try the burger with hummus, one of the best burgers I’ve ever had
  • We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay at the Camden Court
  • I would definitely recommend it to anyone planning on a vacation in Dublin

• by AnnaHeather

The Camden Court Hotel in Dublin’s city centre was where we called home during our week long trip to Ireland’s capital city. Within a 10 minute walk from Dublin’s must see sights, St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton St. which is Dublin’s premier shopping street and the famous Temple bar area, this hotel was the perfect choice. I arrived a few days prior to the rest of my family and while I was staying at a local hostel, sharing a room with 12 other girls, I wanted to check out greener pastures, so I went to find our future home. Armed with my Dublin city map and advice from the oh so friendly locals I was on the right track.

About a 20 minute walk from the hostel and a few wrong turns I came upon the Camden Court and was pleasantly surprised. It’s glass and brick exterior and outdoor courtyard gave it a classy European feel. The lobby was a mixture of old world style and modern amenities and the staff was eager to answer any question I presented. A couple days later when my mom and I checked into our clean, spacious, twin room with ensuite bathroom,

it was like coming home. The staff recognized me from before and after we checked in we were quickly ushered to our room where my mom quickly fell asleep after her long plane ride, and I went to explore.

The hotel is three floors, the bottom containing the fitness center and pool/sauna room. In order to enter the pool everyone must have a swim cap, but lucky for us they had them for sale at the fitness desk. The pool takes up practically the whole room, and when you enter the warm air envelops you and is perfect after the cool and rainy weather Dublin is famous for. There’s also two saunas and a whirl pool. The pool has a typical shallow end for the kiddies and slowly gets deeper.

A changing room with lockers is available for your personal items. The main dining room, Iveagh is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving up delicious local food and wine at reasonable prices. Room service is also available. A buffet breakfast was included in our room rate, so we got to enjoy a traditional Irish breakfast, eggs, rashers, black puddin’ and grilled tomatoes which gave us plenty of ...

• energy to spend the day sightseeing. If you needed a quick caffeine fix, they have an espresso bar in the lobby where you can enjoy your drink in the comfort of the overstuffed arm chairs in the lobby.

Or head to the C Central lounge located in the back of the lobby. A full bar and lounge area where you can sit back and watch your program of choice on their big screen T. V. s. They offer a menu of upscale pub food, we actually ate most of our meals here.

Try the burger with hummus, one of the best burgers I’ve ever had. And of course you need to get your fill of real Irish Guinness, because any Irish person will tell you it’s better in Ireland, and guess what they’re right. If you want more of a pub feel, the Bleeding Horse pub is located directly in front of the hotel, where you can hob nob with the locals. Camden court has internet connections and long distance phone calls in the lobby. The internet is 1 Euro for 10 minutes, the price is a little steep, but if you go down to Grafton Street you can find

a plethora of cheap internet cafés.

Don’t bother making international phone calls on anything but Skype, you will pay an arm and a leg. Camden Court Hotel is located about a 15 minute walk from downtown. The Historic Trinity college where the Book of Kells is located, the famous statue of Mollie Malone and the quays (docks) are all on the way so it’s pleasant walk, easiest if you head down Grafton Street. If walking isn’t for you, there are many city buses and there is a LUAS tram station nearby that will take you to the city centre. If you are going to the Airport take the 16A, just cross over Lower Camden Street, which runs in front of the hotel, the stop will be marked for the 16A.

It runs every half hour depending on time of day. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay at the Camden Court. My mom booked the hotel along with her flight from the Aer Lingus website. We payed $350 for 5 nights in a twin room, including breakfasts. I would definitely recommend it to anyone planning on a vacation in Dublin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22701968420431/k2311a0127/1.27.10