Black Bear Casino and Resort  » Casino  »
1785 Highway 210 Carlton, MN 55718-0777
  • The golf course is awesome, one of the best I have ever played on
  • I found the casino staff friendly and helpful too
  • Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed

• by wayneok

Way up north in the woods of Minnesota, a little south of Duluth, among all the trees, rivers and wildlife is a patch of land that was made special for those of us who like to enjoy their wilderness in complete comfort. Black Bear Casino and Resort, located in Carlton. For me, just the drive there is revitalizing, especially if you drive up Highway 210. The scenery is fantastic any time of the year; you can see bear, moose, deer and even beaver dams on the many streams.

Once at the casino you will be awed by its size and fine lines. A recently completed tower adds 250 more rooms to the hotel. A large 18 hole golf course, beautifully landscaped, graces the north part

of the resort.

When I arrive for a visit I just pull up to the main doors, get out of the SUV and let one of the many young porters cart our luggage to our room. We have another park the car and we just ride the elevator, following our porter/hostess to our room. The rooms are massive, beautiful and well kept.

Our last visit had us in the new tower. I loved it; we had a 32” flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, and a very cushy reclining chair that I claimed. We also had a patio window overlooking the golf course.

The view from above was fantastic. A large clean bathroom, plenty of towels, soaps and body lotions were all included. Any other needs ...

• were quickly addressed by one of the very courteous staff with just a phone call.

All this for about 60 dollars a night, not bad. The golf course is awesome, one of the best I have ever played on. It’s huge, surrounded by trees and has many well designed ponds, numerous bridges and paved roadways throughout the course.

Now here is cool for you, each golf cart has a GPS system installed. A first for me, not only shows you where you are on the course, it also gives you the exact distances to the pin, front of the green ect. This unit also keeps score for you, allows you to talk to the clubhouse and best yet, gives you tips on how to

play the hole more effectively.

This totally made my day on the course. The casino is pretty large and awesome in its own right. All the popular table games, countless slot and video poker machines are assembled here.

If you register you get some free welcome package amenities and there are often nightly drawings for a variety of prizes. I found the casino staff friendly and helpful too. All I dealt with were courteous and ready to lend a hand.

I can’t guarantee you will win, but I did witness some large payouts. My family and I really enjoy it here, its family friendly, a large pool, hot tubs, sauna and game rooms for the kids are available, all under one roof. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 482701968030331/k2311a0127/1.27.10