Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron  » Electronics  »
  • Being the thrifty person that I am, I decided to select a product near the more inexpensive end of the price range- the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron
  • While I prefer to use the flat iron on a setting of around 15, I have flat ironed my very thick and coarse hair before on a heat setting of 25 without suffering any damage to my hair
  • I will admit that some people may be somewhat hesitant about using the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron because smoke does come from its plats depending upon the setting that a user selects, but I guarantee that the product when properly used will not damage the hair

• by simply_fabulous

I have short very coarse and curly hair, and years ago I would have never dreamed that I would have been fortunate enough to find a flat iron that would give me silky straight hair. I have used various heat related processes in the past, and I was looking for a better alternative that would not damage my hair. Then I discovered Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron, and I have been in love ever since.

I was very intimidated the very first time I was shopping for a hair flat iron. I had no idea what the difference between ceramic flat irons and other flat irons were. The prices for flat irons at Wal-Mart ranged from around $15 to over $50. Reading the packaging on the outside boxes of the flat irons also was no help to

me. It did not matter what the price point of the item was because all of the labels pretty much stated the same thing. Being the thrifty person that I am, I decided to select a product near the more inexpensive end of the price range- the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron.

The first time that I used the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron I was amazed. Although the product comes in two different barrel widths, I have used both and found them to be equally effective. The ceramic flat iron instantly straightens my hair irregardless of how tangled or curly it may be prior to my use of the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron. The ceramic flat iron also does not pull against my hair; my hair simply glides smoothly against the plats of ...

• the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron. Another great feature of the product is that it has an adjustable heat setting that ranges from 1 to 25. I was surprised at the superiority of my Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron in comparison to the more expensive flat irons that my friends have. Unlike other flat irons, the heat range on my Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron actually works instead of being a cosmetic feature, and there is a significant difference in the heat being applied to hair from a setting of 5 and a setting of 10. While I prefer to use the flat iron on a setting of around 15, I have flat ironed my very thick and coarse hair before on a heat setting of 25 without suffering any damage to my hair.

I have found few negatives from using the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron. The ceramic flat iron instantly heats up, and I have found the product to be very durable as well. I will admit that some people may be somewhat hesitant about using the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron because smoke does come from its plats depending upon the setting that a user selects, but I guarantee that the product when properly used will not damage the hair. I have friends with a wide range of different hair types and textures who have also used the Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron, and they all love it. In fact, most of the time they are either urging me to flat iron their hair or they are asking to borrow my Select Pro Gold Ceramic Flat Iron.

Heather says :

Flat iron flops after a few months. Pulls my hair and my hair looks dull. Material on the flat iron plates quickly rub disappear.

Galega says :

This is not as such a durable product. But, you know its life can be extended. Ensure to properly clean according to the instructions of the manufacturer after every use. Use it only on clean hair and also try to comb that before using the flat iron.

Simply_Fabulous replies :

I have found a good way to extend the life of the flat iron is to clean it after each use. I also make sure that my hair has been detangled. I try to use small and thin sections of hair when I flat iron and I have not experienced any problems with it snagging my hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162601967851131/k2311a0126/1.26.10