Alliant Energy  » Business  »
4902 N. Bitmore Lane, Madison, WI 53718
  • There are a couple things I found I like about this company that I really can’t say about the other utility companies I have to deal with
  • At one point this year, I thought about looking for energy assistance
  • I decided not to when I got an offer from Alliant to cap what I spent each month on heat at $63
  • One of the things I love about Alliant Energy is the fact I can do most of my business with them on-line

• by Review Vigilante

There are places in this state where people have a choice when it comes to who they want for their electric company. I don’t live in a part of Wisconsin that allows that. The only company I have to choose from is Alliant Energy. Normally, I would be upset about that.

But, I have to admit, in the 8 years I have been “stuck” with Alliant Energy, I really haven’t had much to complain about. There are a couple things I found I like about this company that I really can’t say about the other utility companies I have to deal with. For one, the customer service there is outstanding.

I have called in a couple different times ranging from an outage to a question about my bill. I have had to wait

on hold, but not for an unreasonable amount of time and I have yet to find a rep who wasn’t friendly or didn’t speak English as a first language. The staff seems to be well-trained too.

I can’t tell you the number of times I have had to go to a manager to get a questioned asked someplace else. I have never had to do that with Alliant Energy. Another thing I like about this company is, even though they are technically a monopoly and can raise their rates whenever they choose, as long as they can prove to the regulatory people that they have an excuse (something that isn’t too hard to do), Alliant really does make every effort to make their services affordable to just about every one.

At one point ...

• this year, I thought about looking for energy assistance. I decided not to when I got an offer from Alliant to cap what I spent each month on heat at $63. Yes, I have to pay that over a period of 12 months.

But, it does make my heating bill much easier to budget. I have lived in other parts of the country where my electric/gas company didn’t offer an option like that. For those who are uncomfortable with something like that, the company also offers a budget plan.

I have done that before too and the monthly fees were reasonable. I just like this new plan better because I don’t have to carry forward any sort of outstanding balance. One of the things I love about Alliant Energy is the fact I

can do most of my business with them on-line.

I’m not just talking about paying my bill either. I can sign up for various programs (or cancel them) and can research my pass usage, etc. Again, I don’t mind calling their customer service.

But, this allows me to do a lot of stuff without having to take the time to do that. So, while I’m still wish I could have a choice about who my electric/gas company is, I also feel thankful I live in an area with a company that understands its customers and, even though it is obviously trying to make a profit, works with its customers to make sure their monthly bills are still affordable and doesn’t sacrifice legitimate live customer service for a complicated voice mail system. I just wish more of my utilities would be like this company.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 412601967751131/k2311a0126/1.26.10