Biocef (Cephalexin)  » Medicine  »
  • Last month I was unfortunately brought to the hospital
  • The first time I took the drug I felt my stomach was quite upset so after that I made sure my stomach was full to avoid the same trouble
  • The doctor told me to observe if there would be troubles such as allergic reactions like breathing problem, watery stool, vomiting, skin rash, itching or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue

• by ladyli

Last month I was unfortunately brought to the hospital. Not because I was sick but was rather bitten by our new doggie. Actually the dog was a Doberman and it was still too small. I was playing with the dog when it suddenly just bit my forefinger. The teeth did not really make a deep cut on my finger but was able to produce a minimal scratch.

I was alarmed just the same so I asked my husband to bring me to the hospital so that doctor could examine the scratch. I was hoping it will not require me to undergo any anti-rabies injection as the scratch was very minor. Nevertheless when the doctor so that scratch he strictly required me to undergo a series of injection for anti-rabies. I hate injection but

what could I do.

Rabies is fatal and the doctor told me I should not take any chances. Any scratch no matter how minor should not be taken for granted. There have been many cases that rabies was able to penetrate even with minor scratches only. So I was subjected to initial injection which was painful and even much more painful on my wallet.

I was actually charged more than PHP5000 for that including all doctor’s consultation fee. Then I was handled a schedule of my succeeding injections then I was told to take antibiotic for seven days. The name of antibiotic is Biocef (Cephalexin. I were to take that every 8 hours for seven days.

So I took the medication as prescribed religiously. I was quite of apprehensive that the drug might ...

• bring me any side effects. It was my first time to take the medication and I was worried. The first time I took the drug I felt my stomach was quite upset so after that I made sure my stomach was full to avoid the same trouble.

At night when I took my second medicine I ate my dinner first and then took the medicine. No stomach trouble every happened and in the succeeding medicine that I too there was no stomach upset that happened again. All through out the seven days medication, no other negative side effects happened to me. The doctor told me to observe if there would be troubles such as allergic reactions like breathing problem, watery stool, vomiting, skin rash, itching or swelling of the face, lips, or tongue.

He told me to observe very well because if such any of such kind of reaction happens then that would mean I need to stop the medicine and I must report to him immediately so that he could change the prescription. Thank God no such negative side effects occurred during the seven days medication. I finished the seven days medication successfully and without any further trouble. I already got my last anti rabies injection too.

The last was on January 25 and all has been fine for me except for the doggie that died 9 days after the biting incident. Anyway, I have learned a very good lesson from that incident. Never ever play with any dog again. They are dogs and they don’t have the minds of humans.

They could bite and they could kill you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262601967701131/k2311a0126/1.26.10