Givenchy Phemenon Eyes Mascara
  • I bought this mascara while I was at Sephora last week
  • I think it was designer for people with shorter eyelashes so they could reach every lash
  • The Givenchy Mascara does not clump, however it did not give me the dramatic “false lashes” look that I like
  • I kind of regret buying this mascara, actually
  • Bottom line, I was not impressed with this mascara

• by pennylane

I bought this mascara while I was at Sephora last week. I had run out of my concealer so I had to stop by to buy a new one. While there, I started looking around and my eyes came upon the Givenchy Phenomenon’Eyes Mascara because of its unique looking brush. I had just recently bought Loreal Telescopic Mascara, which has the same kind of sphere like brush. I had no idea Loreal had copied Givenchy. Anyway, I really liked the mascara that I bought my Loreal so I thought that a designer one, that is kind of alike, would work even better. So I went ahead and bought it in black for about twenty-eight dollars, which was a little too expensive for me. And I had promised myself

that I would stop buying designer mascaras. Oh well.

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. I think it was designer for people with shorter eyelashes so they could reach every lash. However, I have really long eyelashes. Even my shortest lashes are long enough to be able to reach with a regular mascara brush. Anyway, I have very mixed feelings about this mascara because first of all, it was too expensive. The Loreal one was twenty dollars cheaper and they both work kind of the same. The Givenchy Mascara does not clump, however it did not give me the dramatic “false lashes” look that I like. Also, it was not dark enough. I guess just “black” is not good enough any more. I usually buy “blackest black” or ...

• “noir” or “intense black” or so on and so forth. So, with the Givenchy Mascara, the simple black was not black enough for me. However, I do have to say that it did not clump. That was like heaven, especially with all the clumping I have been getting with all the drugstore mascaras I have been trying recently.

I kind of regret buying this mascara, actually. Well, not because it does not work well because I had already found a drugstore mascara for pretty much more than half the price that works just as well. The Loreal one clumps a little but you can avoid it if you practiced how to use the wand a little bit. So, for those of you trying to save a little bit

of money, stick to the Loreal Telescopic because it works just as well as the Givenchy. I will use up this tube that I have. However, I will not be buying this mascara again. One thing that I have to mention about the Givenchy Mascara is that it curls your lashes really well. My eyelashes are really long so when I use this mascara, I do not have to curl my lashes because the mascara already does a really good job of curling my lashes. And it does not clump at all. However, I think with the amount of money I paid for this, it should have worked really well. Bottom line, I was not impressed with this mascara. For now, I think I will stick to the cheaper drugstore brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312601967671131/k2311a0126/1.26.10