The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien book  » Books  »
  • As they are currently filming the Hobbit, I thought it was time for reread
  • So, would I recommend reading it before the Hobbit films come out
  • I still love the book, so if you haven't read, I'd definitely say give it a go
  • I didn't know anything about the rest of Tolkiens books the first time I read it, that wasn't a problem
  • They are quite simple and easy to understand, and has a certain childlike charm that I think the book also possesses

• by FoTorunn

As they are currently filming the Hobbit, I thought it was time for reread. I’ve read it few times before, but as it is ages ago I gave it another try.

So, would I recommend reading it before the Hobbit films come out? I still love the book, so if you haven’t read,

I’d definitely say give it a go.

It is a children book, so the language isn’t very complicated and the characters don’t have a lot of debt.

But it is funny, there is much more humour in it than in for example Lord of the Rings.

The plot is quite simple, get the ...

• treasure, kill the dragon, but it isn’t clear from the start who will accomplish what.

I didn’t know anything about the rest of Tolkiens books the first time I read it, that wasn’t a problem.

It is quite a few characters, but for me they worked more as groups than single characters so

it didn’t get too confusing.

There are quite a few editions of the Hobbit; my favourite illustrator is Tolkien himself.

Not because he was a big artist, but I think that his drawings fit the story.

They are quite simple and easy to understand, and has a certain childlike charm that I think the book also possesses.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172601967551131/k2311a0126/1.26.10