Private Lives of Pippa Lee film
  • If you want something a little different, I would thoroughly recommend this film

• by brightstar78

I was really pleasantly surprised by this film. I watched it on my Virgin on Demand service - I was basically browsing for an easy, fun, romantic comedy and thought this fit the bill from the description.

It’s not just a ‘chick flick’ or your predictable Romcom though.

First off, our heroine is a bit of an anti-heroine. She is a

little odd. She seems to lack emotion, and behaves as the typical house-wife, until some intriguing cracks appear in the fabric of her mundane life. I don’t mean in an overly dramatic Desperate-Housewives way either. She begins to believe she is quietly losing her mind. We are treated to glimpses of her past and can begin to see the more ...

• tortured depth behind the sweet house-wife facade. I can’t stress how well this is portrayed. Robin Wright Penn is very moving, whilst being utterly understated, engaging whilst never seeming to dominate the scene and over-act as some leading ladies might. She is funny yet sad, serious yet somehow whimsical, damaged - but still charming.

Keanu Reeves is - Keanu Reeves. A

little wooden, but otherwise harmless. Blake Lively is suitably enigmatic and sweet as the young Pippa, but does not quite have the prescence of Robin.

The story itself is not lead by the romance - but by the life of Pippa Lee, and the promise of what the future might hold.

If you want something a little different, I would thoroughly recommend this film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112601967491131/k2311a0126/1.26.10