ULTA
3985 Phoenix Avenue Fort Smith, AR 72903
  • This place lacked many things I was use to, and among them was definitely retailers
  • I like this ULTA store because it’s a fairly standard size one, and not a small one
  • I went to look for NYX lipsticks and they barely had anything in stock, very disappointed

• by Liberty

Moving from a city of over two million people with tons of shopping and restaurant choices, as well diversity, to a town of about 80,000 was a hard adjustment for me, it still is. This place lacked many things I was use to, and among them was definitely retailers. There is no Sephora store but I was pleasantly surprised to have found an ULTA store, the only one in town in fact. This ULTA is pretty new which will tell you a lot about the town and how it’s progressing compared to the rest of America. Anyway, I was in search of many cosmetic products that were coming out so I visited this store to see if they had it. The following are my pros and cons to ULTA store in Fort Smith, Arkansas.

I’ll start off with the pros to this ULTA store location first. I like this ULTA store because it’s a fairly standard size

one, and not a small one. It also has a salon. I liked that this tore was very clean, neat and well organized for the most part. The layout of the store was pretty standard which makes finding things and navigating the store easier since I’ve visited other ULTA stores before. The aisles were open and cleared of any boxes so it made walking around very easy, and things were set in a way that it made it easy to find, for the most part. I really liked that this ULTA store carried NYX products, not all ULTA’s do and NYX is a hard brand to find in stores.

There were many things about this ULTA store that I didn’t like, and that needed serious improvements on. The first being that this place had very bad customer service. The sale associates weren’t rude, but they weren’t doing their jobs either. I walked into the store seeing ...

• a woman in line waiting to be checked out. I was in that store walking around for at least ten minutes before she was finally checked out, and only because another customer went to go alert one of the sales associate. There were at least two on the floor, one was putting things out and he could clearly see the register if he’d just look up. The other one was in the middle of the store chatting away with friends.

I also didn’t like that this ULTA store didn’t carry the latest OPI nail polishes. I went in looking for their new ‘Alice in Wonderland’ line but didn’t even see a display for it. Their sales area was a mess and very cluttered. I went in also looking for a special promotional deal thing on Urban Decay set that I saw online. I called to make sure they had it, which they did. I went in

but spent ten minutes looking for it around all the main displays and the Urban Decay section but couldn’t find it. I was looking for someone to help me but couldn’t find anyone. None of the sales people even offered to help me even though I had been circling the store several times obviously looking for something. I finally found it at the back walls, which was a strange place to have it. I went to look for NYX lipsticks and they barely had anything in stock, very disappointed.

My overall impression of this ULTA store was that it’s not too bad, but they’re a little behind on the latest makeup products. The customer service is horrible as well, they need to train their sales associates better. Other than those main issues, it’s not a bad store, and since it’s the only one in this lame town I’ll have to suck it up with the customer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 242601967311031/k2311a0126/1.26.10