George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine  » Housewares  »
  • The George Foreman Grill is extemely convenient, especially for those of us who live in colder climates and can't always grill outdoors
  • After about 8 minutes, we have delicious burgers and we never even had to go outdoors
  • We noticed that it stinks up our house when we use it
  • I would recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to outdoor grilling

• by mariekay

When George Foreman grills first came out, they were all the rage. Now there are numerous varieties available as they continue to gain popularity. A couple years ago, our family purchased a George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine at Walmart. We have used it regularly ever since.

The George Foreman Grill is extemely convenient, especially for those of us who live in colder climates and can’t always grill outdoors. With the indoor grill, you simply plug it in and you’re ready to go. The grill can be used to cook anything you might normally make on an outdoor grill.

Our favorite thing to make on the George Foreman Grill is burgers. All we do is set the grill on the countertop, plug it in, wait about 10 minutes for it to heat up, and then place the burger on the surface of the grill and close the lid. After about 8 minutes, we have delicious burgers and we never even had to go outdoors.

We have made more than burgers on the grill, too. We often make chicken breasts, and even steak

turns out well if cooked properly on the grill. The grill comes with a recipe book that has numerous recipes for meat and other dishes.

What I lov eis that when I am cooking dinner, I can make the side dishes at the same time as th emeat is on the grill, and everything is right there next to me. Grilling outdoors is great, but then I find myself runnin gin and out of the house ove rand ove rto check the grill, flip th emeat, and also keep an eye on the rest of the meal. With the George Foreman grill, there is no need to flip your meat, or babysit it in any way. You simply plop it on and shit the top and leave it alone. What could be easier?

The grill has some great features that make it convenient and effective. First of all, both the top and the bottom surface of the grill get very hot, so you are cooing your meat from both sides at once. This greatly reduces cooking time. Even chicken breasts cook in under 10 minutes.

• This also makes the food very hot when you take it off the grill. We always let our meat sit and cool off for at least 5 minutes after it was prepared on the grill.

Another great feature is the drip pans that are included. You can use those to collect the grease from the food. If you lose them you can use a plate, too. The fact that the excess grease and fat drips onto the pans makes cooking on this grill healthier than cooking in a frying pan. The grill also comes with a plastic spatula, but honestly it’s pretty useless and not necessary anyway. We threw ours away.

One more great thing about the grill is how easy it is to clean. That is, if you do it the right way. We learned through trial and error that in order for the surface to come clean easily, it must be hot, and then wiped with a paper towel. This will remove anything that’s stuck on the grill. After you’ve done that, let it cool and wipe it again with warm

water and soap.

Now for a couple negatives about the George Foreman Grill. We noticed that it stinks up our house when we use it. Not that it’s a terribly offensive smell, but a strong “grilling” smell that seems to go all through our house and even get into our clothes. Also, if you do not clean it promptly you will have a tough time removing all the gunk that sticks to it. Clean it immediately after you’re done cooking on it, while the surface is still hot for best results.

One more thing to remember is to be sure not to overcook your meat, or the outside will get tough. I made this mistake at first, because 8-10 minutes just didn’t seem long enough for the meat to cook. Once I got the hang of it though, I realized that if you follow the time guide in the recipe book, your meat will turn out perfect. Now it’s always tender and juicy.

We love our grill overall and use it all the time. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to outdoor grilling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532501966390631/k2311a0125/1.25.10