Beyond the Occult by Colin Wilson  » Books  »
  • The author, Colin Wilson, is best known I think for his book The Outsider which was a best-seller
  • Beyond the Occult consists of many, many case histories and anecdotes of paranormal occurrences from time-slips and ghosts to the Buddhistic state of bliss and Wilson does an interesting job in attempting to correlate and make some sense, or rather see some meaning in it all
  • I enjoyed this book tremendously in my youth when I was searching in the way that a teenager filled with angst searches, for meaning to life

• by jeanne71

I got this book, Beyond the Occult, back when I was a teenager and I was especially interested in all things strange. This is a good read.

The author, Colin Wilson, is best known I think for his book The Outsider which was a best-seller.

occurrences from time-slips and ghosts to the Buddhistic state of bliss and Wilson does an interesting job in attempting to correlate and make some sense, or rather see some meaning in it all.

Wilson is actually a philosopher and maybe what I am saying is that he is trying to make some philosophical sense of it all and I think ...

• he is sympathetic to my own world view that it is arrogant to think of science as the explanation of everything.

I enjoyed this book tremendously in my youth when I was searching in the way that a teenager filled with angst searches, for meaning to life.

Wilson seems to have a similar fascination and this book is much more than

just a composite of anecdotes, but is filled with really interesting stories and an interesting look at what it might say about human consciousness from Wilson.

It is written in a clear, easy to read manner that makes you want to keep reading and not put it down.

This book is widely available on Amazon and other online stores.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172501965930531/k2311a0125/1.25.10